conditional upsell auto actions + upsell

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
biekeminne

Hi,

We would like to propose upsell products like diner, breakfast, adventure to our customers.
During the booking they could say they are interested.
By use of an auto-action email, we could talk again about these upsell products.

my question
Is there a way that an upsell product is in fact a trigger to auto action an other auto-action?

exemple:
upsell during booking : do you want to be delivered food during your stay? (we have a rental house for 30 persons and people to to order while staying)
IF upsell1 = YES
THEN
Send an auto-action email 14 days before their stay to point out all the possibilities of food we offer.
ELSE
Dont send the additional email. or send email with other information

Why is this handy?
You dont want to put too much information to people while booking, but you do want to trigger it,
buckinghamhouse

From the list of triggers that appear on my page you might be able to do this through a custom question. Custom questions do appear as a possible trigger on the set up of an auto action.

Just for clarification, it sounds like the upsell items guests ask for at time of booking are not set in stone from your perspective, which is why you want to continue the conversation? If you include a custom question this would at least allow you to set up the auto action.

Lastly, it is my understanding that all upsell items selected at time of booking are added to the guests' list of charges on their booking. So at some point during the guest's stay / reservation you will have to manually remove these charges if they are not in fact interested.
biekeminne

buckinghamhouse wrote:From the list of triggers that appear on my page you might be able to do this through a custom question. Custom questions do appear as a possible trigger on the set up of an auto action.

Just for clarification, it sounds like the upsell items guests ask for at time of booking are not set in stone from your perspective, which is why you want to continue the conversation? If you include a custom question this would at least allow you to set up the auto action.

Lastly, it is my understanding that all upsell items selected at time of booking are added to the guests' list of charges on their booking. So at some point during the guest's stay / reservation you will have to manually remove these charges if they are not in fact interested.

Thank you, this is indeed what I need, didnt found that. I want to ask them a simple question and later on send an email with the info.
We are still in our free period, so thank you for speeding up my knowledge. ;-)