How to make "charges and payments" automatically update

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
wvs_2003

Hi all,

A customer calls us wanting to modify their duration of stay and we adjust the check-in/check-out days. Therefore, there is a change in number of nights the guest reserves at our hotel. For example, a guest originally reserved 1 night, but then calls to modify it to 2 nights. Our employee/admin will go select "Booking ######" from the "booking page", go into the "summary" tab, adjust the check-out day, and save/update. Then we go into the "charges and payments" tab and see that the charges still remain for 1 night of stay. The charges have not automatically updated from 1 night to 2 nights of stay. The charges have to be manually updated from 1 night to 2 nights of stay by clicking on the "recalculate price and charges".

Is there a setting that will automatically update the charges in the "charges and payments" tab for the reservation when our employee/admin modifies the number of nights of stay? Or do we always have to manually update the charges by clicking on the "recalculate price and charages"?

Note: I did not see an auto action option for automatically updating the charges in "settings">"guest management">"auto actions"
annettemorgenroth

There is not automatic price adjustment because the system can not know if the price changes or not. All you need to do if you want to adjust the price is click the button.
mautap

annettemorgenroth wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:42 pm
There is not automatic price adjustment because the system can not know if the price changes or not. All you need to do if you want to adjust the price is click the button.
I am currently experiencing a problem with this situation.

I would like to have the option to extend the number of nights and have the system update the amount according to the number of new nights.

I know that I can do it in the recalculate button but that causes the other charges to be deleted or I add a new charge which I do not want. I think this can cause errors with my users, is there any way to do it automatically?
lesleywoermeijer

We have added an option to add one night to your booking in the Recalculate Prices & Charges.

If you tick 'add one night' then you will be asked 'get rid of existing charges' if you say NO a new row will be added to the booking with the total Accommodation charge, the other charges will be left, then you can delete the original row with the Accommodation charge.

http://recordit.co/7D3KiPXEii
mautap

lesleywoermeijer wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:37 pm
We have added an option to add one night to your booking in the Recalculate Prices & Charges.

If you tick 'add one night' then you will be asked 'get rid of existing charges' if you say NO a new row will be added to the booking with the total Accommodation charge, the other charges will be left, then you can delete the original row with the Accommodation charge.

http://recordit.co/7D3KiPXEii
Thanks but we still need to delete the first charge manually which I think it could cause mistakes if we forget to do it,
lesleywoermeijer

You can either remove all charges or not, if you select not, then you will need to manually delete the accommodation charge.