amended booking dates - price not updating.

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
voletsbleus

We had clients booked in for 3 nights, but once they had arrived, they cancelled the last night. It was their 2nd stay, so we were happy to amend the booking without penalty.

I amended the check-out date, and the booking then showed 2 nights instead of 3 - but the total price due on the 'Charges and payments' page did not update, nor did the amount of Taxe de Sejour - so I had to amend everything manually. Is this correct? Seems rather klunky if it is.
annettemorgenroth

You can adjust the price when you click on the "Recaltulate Price and Charges" button in the "Charges and Payments" tab of the booking.
voletsbleus

annettemorgenroth wrote:You can adjust the price when you click on the "Recaltulate Price and Charges" button in the "Charges and Payments" tab of the booking.
I was just surprised that it happen automatically.
Also when you 'recalculate' you then lose any extras you have entered, so they have to be put in again, which is annoying.
Could this not be improved somehow?
markkinchin
Site Admin

voletsbleus wrote:
annettemorgenroth wrote:You can adjust the price when you click on the "Recaltulate Price and Charges" button in the "Charges and Payments" tab of the booking.
Also when you 'recalculate' you then lose any extras you have entered, so they have to be put in again, which is annoying.
If you need to add a night and you have already made changes to the invoice it is probably easier just to add the night as an extra invoice item or change the price and description on the existing item.
mautap

voletsbleus wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:19 am
I have exactly the same problem, how did you solve it?
lesleywoermeijer

We have added an option to add one night to your booking in the Recalculate Prices & Charges.

If you tick 'add one night' then you will be asked 'get rid of existing charges' if you say NO a new row will be added to the booking with the total Accommodation charge, the other charges will be left, then you can delete the original row with the Accommodation charge.

http://recordit.co/7D3KiPXEii