Booking fully paid

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
voletsbleus

I am moving to Beds24 from KeepMeBooked - and one feature KMB had which I cannot find on Beds24 is how to show a booking which is fully paid? On KMB it appeared in a different colour, and was really useful, as you could see at a glance who still had something to pay, and who had already paid everything -
does it exist and I have just not spotted it?
lesleyrobertson

HI, Yes there is a way of setting up as you have asked.
This can be set up using 'Auto Actions' Settings > Guest Management > Auto Actions.

You can set the flag colour to change and also add text if required. There are a number of options you can select to fit your requirements.

Start off by creating an Auto Action and then change the settings to suit your requirements,
By Property
All rooms or specific room
Event trigger,
Event time,
Event window,

etc

The flag colour can be changed in the Booking tab of the Auto Action.

Then go to Bookings, and you will see the flags/colours are visible.

Best regards,

Lesley

You can find more details in the wiki - https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... ns#Booking
annettemorgenroth

These are the the settings to use in the Auto Action:

Trigger tab:
*Trigger Event = After Booking
*Time Offset = Immediate
*Time Window = 365
*Booking Source = All
*Booking Status = All but not cancelled
*Invoice Balance = Any Payment made

Booking tab:
*Execution = One time only
*Flag Text = The text you want to display
*Flag Colour - choose the flag colour
bobbyeoc

i tried this and used the settings you provided and it did not do what I wanted so I deleted the auto-action but the colors did not change back on my calendar. Why isn't it changing back to my original calendar colors?
markkinchin
Site Admin

bobbyeoc wrote:i tried this and used the settings you provided and it did not do what I wanted so I deleted the auto-action but the colors did not change back on my calendar. Why isn't it changing back to my original calendar colors?
Deleting an auto action that has already run will not undo any actions it has already made on the bookings
bobbyeoc

Would have been nice to know that. Something like "this action is permanent and cannot be deleted" would be a good warning. So is there a solution? Or do i have to re-enter every booking on my calendar?
markkinchin
Site Admin

You would have to change each booking, depending on what you are trying to change, you may be able to use another auto action.
bobbyeoc

I wanted to use this flag as a way of signifying those bookings that had a balance due. Using the criteria that was posted, all my bookings changed to the flag color instead of just hose that had a balance. I was using the booking status before as a designation, "new" for those with a balance due and "confirmed" for those paid in full. It worked fine for our purposes but I thought after reading the posts that the auto-action would be a better way. So I want to go back and undo the auto action but as you said it's not possible. So how can I update each booking? Looks like I would actually have to delete each one and reenter it. Or can I create a new auto action to do that? If so, what would be the criteria to use? Thanks.
markkinchin
Site Admin

How many bookings are involved?

You can edit the flag on each booking, there is no need to delete them and re-enter them.

If there are too many to consider doing them individually you could automate it with an auto action.