new search guest database facility

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
cmartinpage

I like the new option to search the guest database when manually adding a booking, however it does not copy all fields. It does not copy The Country of Residence selector, any guest notes from previous bookings and any custom fields.
Would it be possible to include these to make the option more useful?
markkinchin
Site Admin

It can only copy what is already in the guest fields so adding the country selector and notes can be done.
Custom questions are actually part of previous bookings and not stored in the guest so these are problematic.

The other item which could be added to the booking is to mark it with the guest flag text and colour,
I am not sure if this is a good idea or bad idea though, comments are welcome.
cmartinpage

At the moment, when I have a repeat booking, I use the Search Bookings box to find a previous booking and then Copy as New. This then copies all fields including custom texts.
I don't use Flags so can't comment on that.
markkinchin
Site Admin

cmartinpage wrote:At the moment, when I have a repeat booking, I use the Search Bookings box to find a previous booking and then Copy as New. This then copies all fields including custom texts.
When you find a booking and then save it as a copy you are copying the individual booking and so you get all the custom fields and other information from that particular booking.

The new function is a little different in that it finds a guest record from the guests menu, the guest record can have it's own set of information independent of any bookings the guest has made.

Use whichever works best for you.