Confirmation Message for Channel Bookings

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
wbstephen

Hi there,

I've noticed that the Booking Confirmation Email Message does not send for Channel (Expedia, Booking.com, etc) bookings.

Is there a way to make this happen? Or do I need to set up a separate automated action?

Thanks
Stephen
markkinchin
Site Admin

wbstephen wrote: I've noticed that the Booking Confirmation Email Message does not send for Channel (Expedia, Booking.com, etc) bookings.
Is there a way to make this happen? Or do I need to set up a separate automated action?
Are you talking about host notification?
Beds 24 sends a booking notification email for the channel bookings.
Whether the Channel also sends a host notification is out of our hands.
Generally the channel does not send a booking notification once you switch to XML.
It would be best to discuss directly with the channel if it is possible for your account.

If you mean guest notification, the channels do send the guest an email.
annettemorgenroth

Confirmation messages to guests are only sent for online bookings from your own web site but not for manually added bookings and bookings from OTAs. OTAs send a confirmation from their end. You can send the confirmation message manually from the "Mail" tab of the booking.

If you want to set up an additional automated message you can set up an Auto Action Email in SETTINGS->GUEST MANAGEMENT->AUTO ACTIONS. In "Trigger" you can set for which channels the Auto Action applies.
wbstephen

Thanks guys. Annette's answer is the one I was looking for.