Booking Template

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
cmartinpage

I use the Booking Template to create a registration form.

sometimes guests move room part way through their stay and when this happens I link the 2 bookings using the group facility.

When I create the registration form, it correctly gives the total cost for the group booking, but there is no template variable that would allow me to show the overall arrival and departure dates, total number of nights and correct number of guests (i.e. it will take the sum of the guests for each booking).

Would it be possible to add some Template Variables that could add this information?
markkinchin
Site Admin

I am trying to work out what information you need to show and how it would be calculated. Can you give a little example and how the template variables should calculate?
cmartinpage

Hi Mark

Booking 251739 (master) is linked to 251735. The guest is in Azul 12-15 September and then moves to Rosa from 15-22 September.

If I use the Print Template opton on the first booking I can get the total cost of the 2 bookings, the deposit paid and the correct number of guests (2). However I can only get the arrival and departure dates, total number of nights and name of the first room booked.

If I use the Print Template from the second booking (Master), I get the total cost of the 2 bookings and the deposit paid. However the arrival and departure dates and total number of nights only refer to the second booking. In this case I do get the names of both rooms booked but the total number of people is now showing as 4.

BTW, why is there always a (1) in brackets after the name of the room?
markkinchin
Site Admin

As you have found, some of the booking template variables do not work well when the linked bookings are for different dates. In this case I think it might be best to unlink them and generate a separate invoice for each booking.
cmartinpage wrote:BTW, why is there always a (1) in brackets after the name of the room?
[ROOMNAMES] will show the room names and the quantity in brackets.

[ROOMNAME] will show the room name without the quantity