Counting totsl people not rooms.

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
[email protected]

Hi, currently setting up Beds24 for a Hostel. Looks great so far. But I have a situation where we are licenced for 16 people but have 20 beds (to provide various room configurstions).So looking for a way to show ( unavailable one 16 people have booked in. Cheers Michael
markkinchin
Site Admin

Hi Michael

Are you talking about the value reported on the control panel >> calendar for the number of bookings per day in the property?
This value can show the number of booked beds, percentage booked etc. which might be more relevant than the number free, the setting to change is at:

Settings > Account > Preferences > Show Property Occupancy
[email protected]

Thanks for that but I was hoping I could include it in the availability on the Booking page.

There are 20 beds in the lodge but we are only licensed to sell 16 of them at a time. We have the additional beds so we can have different configurations - eg a family may want 3 in a room, where two individuals may prefer not to share a room.

Example

So some one goes to make a booking and see that there is 4 beds available (in various rooms) however in reality we can not sell those additional beds because we are only license to sell a maximum of 16.

Is it possible to show the available beds up to 16, then once 16 beds have been booked - show that the date is FULL?

Thanks
markkinchin
Site Admin

It sounds like you need a virtual room to display on your booking page that is a composite of your "real" rooms.

This link is about channel inventory but the same principles apply:

https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... ailability
[email protected]

Brilliant. Works perfectly. Thanks Michael
[email protected]

I have included the virtual room (to stop the overall limits of the lodge being exceeded) and the virtual room prevents this very well.
However I now see on my guest confirmation that they are being notified on their confirmation that they have booked multiple rooms - the actual plus the virtual room.

This is causing confusion. Is there are way of hiding the virtual room? Thanks
markkinchin
Site Admin

You can hide a room from the booking page with the Sell Priority setting at the menu Settings > Properties > Rooms > Setup, change it to "Hide Room" the very lowest setting.

If the problem is in the Guest Booking Notification email can you post the text causing the confusion here so I can see the problem.

Thanks
Mark