Changing settings on Dashboard

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
cloudside

I can see how I can adjust the order of Dashboard info - specifically 'Booking Date' - by clicking the header. But how can I set it up permanently so that the most recent booking is always at the top of the page? Right now the default has the most recent bookings lower down, which is not very helpful. Every time we open the dash we need to adjust it - can I change the default myself?
markkinchin
Site Admin

The sort order in the control panel is stored using a HTML 5 feature called localStorage.
The localStorage feature is supported by most modern browsers but not some older ones.

Which browser version are you using?

When localStorge is available, each time you open the page with the same browser and computer the sort order from the previous time will be used again automatically.
cloudside

I'm using the latest v. Firefox. Even if we close a session with the latest booking at the top of the page, when we start a new session (without a sys. refresh) it has gone to the bottom of the list.
markkinchin
Site Admin

I have just tested with firefox and it saved the sort order of the tables when I logged out and then back in again.

Three things to note:
1) If you are using private mode browsing or have the browser settings to not remember history then it will not remember the sort order either.
2) There is a difference between https://beds24.com and https://www.beds24.com. Because they are technically different domains the browser will remember the sort order for each so make sure you log back into the same domain.
3) The storage takes place in the browser itself so a different browser on the same computer or a different computer will have it's own storage of the sort order, sort order does not copy across to a login with a different browser.
markkinchin
Site Admin

I have checked again and this time I think it did not save but I cannot quite be sure. It might have something to do with how long I waited between logging out and logging back in again.
Can you tell me if it happens if you log out and log back in straight away or only if you wait some time before logging in again?
cmartinpage

I am wondering if this issue was ever resolved?
I am also having an issue with remebering the sort order on the Dashboard and on the Bookings page. I am using the latest Firefox and have a tab with the https beds24 permanently pinned to the list of tabs. I sometimes also access beds24 from a tablet.
However I always want the same sort order, but I regularly have to re-sort because it has not remembered my sort order.
markkinchin
Site Admin

My browser remembers the sort order.

Check in Firefox preferences -> privacy that you are allowing cookies until they expire and you are not clearing history when the browser closes.

Otherwise it would help if you can find a clue as to when the order gets lost.
i.e. is it after a log out and log in or after a certain number of hours or days etc?

I assume in the short term it is ok, i.e. you can set the order, change to a different page and then go back to the original page and the sort order is still the same as you left it?
cmartinpage

The preferences was set to keep cookies until the browser closes so I have changed it to until they expire.

I though that that would fix it, but I went to the Dashboard, re-ordered it to the way I wanted, went to Bookings and re-ordered that, then went back to the Dashboard and the order had changed. However I can't replicate that so will keep trying to see if there is any pattern.
markkinchin
Site Admin

You may need to close and restart the browser after changing the cookie setting.

My firefox also has a setting to delete history when the browser closes, if you are doing this it would probably delete the sort order.
cmartinpage

Thanks Mark. I'll see how it goes with those changes.