Charges and payments

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
naiwokhills

Hi!

I am moving all our reservations from another PMS to Beds24; I have found 2 issues, and I'm wondering if there is a solution.

1. When modifying a reservation, the "charges and payments" don't update unless we manually go to "Recalculate Prices and Charges," which can be forgotten, and I'm sure it will happen. I see there is an option just to add one night, but that isn't the only kind of modification we might have to do. Is there any way to automatize the recalculation of prices and charges?

2. We make many split reservations due to the unavailability of the same room type. In our current PMS, having a split reservation doesn't create different "folios" (Charges and payments): you get only one, which is more accessible and clearer. I know there is a "Group Invoice" section, but it isn't what I am looking for. Is there any way to unify all charges and payments of a group reservation in its master reservation?

Thanks!
lesleywoermeijer

1, You need to manually click the 'Recalculate' button, there is no auto calculate as it is not known if you want to keep the same prices or update.

2, When you slice a booking, then there is a group booking created, so you can see the individual bookings in the appropriate rooms, you will need to check the 'Group Invoice' tab to see the total charges for the bookings.
naiwokhills

Hi!

Is there any way to "combine" a group? A common situation we face (many, many times) is that a group booking isn't a group, just a reservation combining room types. For example:
- 8/Dec to 15/Dec -> "Superior"
- 15/Dec to 22/Dec -> "Deluxe"
- 22/Dec to 14/Dec -> "Superior"

What I would do in another PMS, is create ONE reservation, and inside that one, assign one room type or another depending on the dates. Is there any way to achieve something similar with Beds24?

* I know you can group the 3 reservations, and even create it at once and slice the dates.. but that isn't really convinient. Where should I note the charges and payments? This guest will have 3 different reservations, which makes it confusing. I understand I can see them all in the Group Invoice tab, but still it takes an extra effort to check. In this example... if a guest orders a taxi on 15/Dec to be used in 16/Dec, where should I note it? I wouldn't have to wonder that if the "Charges and Payments" section was a single one for Group bookings.

Thanks!
lesleywoermeijer

If you have multiple bookings for the same guest for different dates, then you can 'group' them together, you will see booking details in the individual bookings and listed in the Group Invoice .

If you need to add specific details for one of the bookings (dates) then open the booking (group), ensure you have selected the appropriate booking from the list on the top left of the booking or in the Group Invoice tab, then go to the Charges & Payments tab for that booking (date range) and enter the additional charges, modify the charge etc.

When you complete the details click 'refresh' or 'save' and then you can see the details in the Group Invoice, with all of the charges as listed in each of the individual bookings (charges & payments).
naiwokhills

Hi,
Thanks! Yes, I know the way, but it could be more convenient. In most PMS I have used, when you have a group reservation, you have a single folio for the whole group. I can think of a workaround, but I don't know if that is even possible.

- Block/Hide the "Charges and payments" for all reservations, except for the "master", so it is only possible to add payments and charges there.

Any idea if this can be achieved somehow?

Thanks!
lesleywoermeijer

You need the individual bookings to manage the inventory for the individual dates/room.

If you go to the Group Invoice tab you will see the list of all charges in the Group, they can be split per individual booking . If you really want to show ALL of the charges on one booking, then in the Group Invoice tab, you can move the Invoice charges from one booking to another, see the options from the drop down list under the list of bookings.

If you hide the Charges & Payments tab then this will be for all bookings, it is not possible to set for sub bookings only.
ronald.tapia

naiwokhills wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:44 am
Hi!

I am moving all our reservations from another PMS to Beds24; I have found 2 issues, and I'm wondering if there is a solution.

1. When modifying a reservation, the "charges and payments" don't update unless we manually go to "Recalculate Prices and Charges," which can be forgotten, and I'm sure it will happen. I see there is an option just to add one night, but that isn't the only kind of modification we might have to do. Is there any way to automatize the recalculation of prices and charges?

2. We make many split reservations due to the unavailability of the same room type. In our current PMS, having a split reservation doesn't create different "folios" (Charges and payments): you get only one, which is more accessible and clearer. I know there is a "Group Invoice" section, but it isn't what I am looking for. Is there any way to unify all charges and payments of a group reservation in its master reservation?

Thanks!
I understand these 2 issues completely. It will be great if we can modify a reservation and the rate automatically updated. I've been working with beds24 for almost 5 years and this is a big issue for us. Recalculate is forgotten most of the time. Perhaps there's a way they can add a warning pop o pop any time we do a modification. This warning will say "would like to recalculate prices and charges?", I'm not sure if that is something you guys can develop.