Information message before the customer click the PAY button

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
retopeter

When a customer entered all his information and clicks "Confirm booking".
He comes to the next page, where (in my case I ask for a deposit payment) a message is shown:

Payment Required
Villa True Colors requires a payment of USD 300.15 to secure this reservation

This message I need to adjust it, in order to let the customer know the payment options and how he can cancel the booking, before he hits the button "Pay now".
Also we want to inform him about when the remaining of the bill has to be done....Things like that.

Where I can adjust this information? I didnt find it anywhere. I wanted to update this message if its the deposit 1, or the deposit 2 payment

regards Reto
annedawn

You can exchange any default text on the booking page in SETTINGS -> BOOKING PAGE -> ADVANCED " Custom Text".

How to settle the remaining payment could also be added to the screen message the guest sees after completing the booking or the confirmation message. Both can be customised in SETTINGS-> PROPERTIES -> CONFIRMATION MESSAGES.
retopeter

Thanks for answer, but:

I want to change this message after someone click "Confirm booking"

Payment Required
Villa True Colors requires a payment of USD 300.15 to secure this reservation

How to change that?

regards Reto
markkinchin
Site Admin

It is possible to change almost all the text on the booking page using the setting BOOKING PAGE >> ADVANCED >> CUSTOM TEXT
The amount of the payment is auto generated but you should be able to change the text before and after it using this setting.
uistforest

I would like to do the same but cannot find the path

SETTINGS -> BOOKING PAGE -> ADVANCED " Custom Text".

Where can I edit custom text please?
markkinchin
Site Admin

The menu is now called the following:

Settings > Booking Page > Developer > Custom Text
uistforest

Thank you. However, when I follow this path, there is no option for me to edit the custom text? I cannot enter new text, nor can I edit text. Please see attached image of what I see, I cannot see a way to edit? . I would be very grateful if I could find a way to get this function to work.

Many thanks,
Kathryn
Attachments
1.png
1.png (208.32 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
markkinchin
Site Admin

This can happen if there is invalid HTML content entered in one of the settings on the on the page.

You can clear the content by opening the page with &noload=ALL added to the URL like this:

control2.php?pagetype=bookingpagedesigndeveloper&noload=ALL

And then save to overwrite the bad content.

Change back to the normal URL and you should then be able to enter your new content.