Settings to prevent manual overbooking

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
wvs_2003

Hi all,

Is there a setting to prevent manual overbooking? For example, we have total 22 rooms, but i purposely set the inventory lower at 20. This gives me/employee some flexibility to add 2 more bookings or if two rooms are reserved through an OTA at the same time.

However, all rooms were booked, and then employee was still able to book a 23rd room. Any setting to completely stop this from happening?

Thanks
lesleywoermeijer

When a user is creating a manual booking and there is no availability, they will see an warning that they need to acknowledge before the booking can be created

https://pasteboard.co/K651jho.png

If they tick the box to create the booking anyway, then there will be an overbooking.
wvs_2003

Thanks for info.

Yes, I have seen that message before.

However, is there a checkbox in the setting that I could select that would prevent me from even attempting to reserve room when I'm at a specified amount of max booking? For example, I click on reserving room, then I get a message saying "can't reserve room, at max capactiy". I don't want employees to even have the option to go above a specified amount of max booking.

If, not, this would be a great feature to add as an option.

Thanks
lesleywoermeijer

There is no option to disable users from being able to add a booking when there is no availability, as mentioned before there is the warning that you can override when creating the booking.

If you have staff that you do not want to be able to do this, then you could remove the option from their user account to 'create bookings' and they should create the booking from the booking page, then this will ensure they can not make a booking if there is no availability.