Booking created with status cancelled when user clicks the cancel button on payment screen of booking page

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
gerval2015

There is a function that creates a new booking with status cancelled when a user clicks the cancel booking on the payment capture page.

If a user is checking availability and pricing etc. on the booking page, then proceed through to the payment capture page but hits cancel booking on that page rather than complete the booking. There is a ´new booking´ with status cancelled entered into the dashboard.

Is there anyway to turn off this function or just hide the cancel booking button from the payment capture page so it cannot be used?

It is giving me information i don´t need (all the client information is captured) it is creating cancelled booking entries that are not true cancelled bookings as they never existed as a booking in the first place. So it throws off reports as well.
lesleywoermeijer

You can select 'Non Payment' = Request in the Payment Collections page, so these bookings will be created as Requests rather than Cancelled bookings.
gerval2015

Is there any option to not have these created, I use request bookings for those that choose offline payment and then an auto action to cancel these if the payment is not received in a set time period. So using the suggested method i am left again with cancelled bookings.