Cancellation Email to Guest + creating additonal email templates

Topics related to bookings and guest managment
gerval2015

I´ve been creating some test booking to check my set up and all the additional functions i want to add now i´m live. Having a couple of teething problems.

I make a booking as a ´guest´and receive the guest confirmation email (as expected)

As the property i then receive confirmation of the booking - all as expected.

If i then change and save the status of the booking from Confirmed to Cancelled - in the Mail tab it shows as a cancellation message has been sent, however I don´t receieve anything in my ´guest´email. Do i have to set up or define this guest cancellation message anywhere.

A second part to this set up, is it possible to define new emails to send to guests. Specifically i want a template when a credit card declines. I collect credit card details for processing on our POS terminal in the reception office. However, sometimes these credit cards decline. Is it possible to set out a template to send to a guest when this happens to avoid having to manually send each time, if so where do i set this up?

Thanks
annettemorgenroth

Cancellation Messages are only sent from the system if you allow guests to cancel the booking themselves and for bookings from channels which do not send confirmations directly to the guest. If you manually set a booking to cancelled not message will send.

In SETTINGS-GUEST MANAGEMENT-AUTO ACTIONS you can set up automated Emails which trigger if certain criteria met. These instructions: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Auto_Actions
which open when you click on HELP in the top right of the page explain how to do this.
gerval2015

Maybe its a bug, but to be aware if that is the action, on the ´Mail´tab it specifically says a Cancellation email has been sent and gives the option ´Resend´
markkinchin
Site Admin

gerval2015 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 pm
Maybe its a bug, but to be aware if that is the action, on the ´Mail´tab it specifically says a Cancellation email has been sent and gives the option ´Resend´
It is a bit misleading, the resend label on the link does not actually mean the cancellation email has already been sent.