Blocking emails from Freemail-Users

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
pasochicogay

As i said, all emails (confirmations etc.) send by beds24 directly via the system working well.

ONLY if a guest out a request or extra which need to be reconfirmed i.E. Airport Transfer or Late Check out etc. we sometimes have problems and ONLY with Microsoft services like hotmail, outlook, msn etc. Thats why we like an extra option which pops up in the moment a guest uses an email whith "problems", and the email prociders should be selected by us, as we guess other hosts will have sometimes the same type of problems.

Of course we did not use a freemailer for our business as it looks unprofessional. And our Hoster is a big one (Host Europe) and thei told is that with the server all is fine and that no blacklisting etc. exist. The bit*es from Microsoft are just not willing to help us or even the hoster and tell them what the problem is. They just say "In the moment we can not upgrade your mail account in our services". This "Problem" ist just existing since a couple of weeks as we guess Microsoft has changed something in their systems.

And we are not willing to run for every guest seperately to other mail hosts just to reconfrim something.

We never have problems for long as we have a very very good IT in the back and if there is a freemail host which maks trouble (we had with gmx and web.de last year, funny last year with microsoft all was good) they give advice what the real problem is and we can change to the new requirements, all fine, just microsoft is not willing to say or do something and thats why we like to have the possibility to block or leave a special not with pop up confirmation for this users to show them that the mailservice they use is very bad^^
epicea

pasochicogay wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 am
As i said, all emails (confirmations etc.) send by beds24 directly via the system working well.
I *think* you're saying that you're not using your own email address and using the beds24 domain. In your current configuration that's probably the best but *personally* I prefer to use our own domain name. I feel having different domain names in the mails makes some users suspect they're being phished but that's just my preference.
pasochicogay wrote:
Of course we did not use a freemailer for our business as it looks unprofessional. And our Hoster is a big one (Host Europe) and thei told is that with the server all is fine and that no blacklisting etc. exist.
That is a basically a free (ie bundled) mail service. It came with your hosting contract. It's widely used by spammers and widely banned.

In fact, I'd not be so dismissive of what you're calling freemail either. It's true that Hotmail, yahoo, AOL and so on have little status but that's not true of Gmail in my experience. And, it's most certainly true that hotmail/live.com and Gmail are better engineered by orders of magnitude than the bundled email from a hosting provider, it's like comparing a moped to a Ferrari really. As you're finding, freemail providers take spam pretty seriously.

Generally, it's not really best practice to use those bundled email services, they're really not a business level of service by a long way. If you're sending email from applications like beds24 and websites then mailgun or another transactional service is better. For normal mailboxes, Google Suite, Office365, Rackspace etc all offer better email systems. These are all better because they fully support sender assurance schemes like SPF, DKIM and DMARC. They also give more storage, better client support and better mobile clients.

All our mail, from our beds24 account, our server and website etc, all goes out via mailgun. Our hosting provider is great (vultr) but like all providers all they offer is off-the-shelf bundled email account and it's pretty poor.

Whilst most managed services are pretty good, in terms of technology and engineering, the G Suite gmail service is in a league of its own. My only reservation would be that the management interface surfaces some pretty hardcore features that may be difficult for a layperson to understand. The other G Suite services are pretty good as well, I run a couple of G Suite services and I'm really impressed.

A cheap, and ironically free, mail service is offered by Zoho. (25 Users + up to 25 referral bonus users, 5GB* /User, 20MB Attachment Limit, Single domain hosting.) I would describe their webmail as "quirky" though. Otherwise, it's quite good. If you're technically adept, you can combine Zoho with a paid service giving you 25 free accounts on top of your paid service.
pasochicogay wrote:
The bit*es from Microsoft are just not willing to help us or even the hoster and tell them what the problem is.
No of course not. What should they? It's not their problem. And, no one is going to tell you how their spam solutions are engineered and implemented for very obvious reasons.

If you want to pursue this, you'll need to talk to Host Europe. It's their problem, no matter what they claim to the contrary. But, I think it's unrealistic to expect that level of service for a bundled mail service.

If you want to send me an email at [email protected] from your current system I'll tell how that actually looks to an anti-spam solution.
pasochicogay

I have send you the email from our mail adress [email protected]

But anyway, if i contact the "Kings on the planet", i mean all the free mailing providers like gmail, t-online.de, web.de gmx etc. all will help me by suggesting thing to do (if needed) because all working different. Expect from Microsoft they forced our Business to sign a contract to get log in details to the "Support" for Mailservicese Spam bounces etc. and what we get? Nothing the support area is empty no help nothing in there as our server and mail is "clean", that is what the support area says. But the Microsoft support team told us some different things without details, only that we need to follow the infos in the support area where no infos are.

Thats why we like to "block" some mailproviders as they are not in a mode of corporation. And trust me out IT-Team is very good in things and Host Europe is not known for bad service at all but they say the same, only Microsoft is not willing to coorperate.

In 95% of all emails we send out it works pretty well, sometime even by Microsoft Freeservices like hotmail, of the client put our email to his address book or into his whit list then no problem. As in a lot of other things, Microsoft su*ks ;)
epicea

Super, hopefully you've got something to work on now.

You mention that hosting providers have been helpful apart from Microsoft. That's not true, none of them have told you that you're not using spf and dkim so there's nothing to choose between them really :)

Your IT team ought to know this of they're experts in email. This is simple stuff and it's been the standard for more than a decade.
pasochicogay

Besides any tecnical things the main question was another thing regarding a feature in beds24 ;)

And we will def not using any api conection to a third party service where all our client emails go to. We will figure out the tecnical side you mentioned in your email but as i said before the free mailing providers like t-online, gmx, web.de etc. ALL of them are responding correctly to any request if we send them one and give us advice how the emails should be formated etc. we have only problem with ONE freaking provider which is Microsoft, and i'm personally not willing to kiss their a*s all the time, if they don't want to help us i prefer to block them, thats all :) call me Bit*h :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

If the beds24 Team will work on that we will be happy. Enough now for the tecnical things, thanks for your help.
epicea

Those email providers are really, really not responding correctly to your queries. If they were, then they would tell that you do not have SPF, DKIM etc.

I commented that the major providers are not going to tell you how they implement their anti-spam. I would suggest to you that if someone who had designed and implemented those solutions happened to tell you how they worked it would be worth taking notes :-)
And we will def not using any api conection to a third party service where all our client emails go to.
Why on earth not? I can't guess what you think the problem is but if you don't like API's for some reason, just use the SMTP credentials to a service or just use SMTP with G suite or something. I can absolutely guarantee you that what you're doing now won't work for the reasons I've given, blaming Microsoft won't alter that.

If you think that only Microsoft will block your email then you are mistaken. You're not in line with current standards, most corporate systems won't accept it either.