Row and Column identification

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
rrsaffie

Reading many posts on this forum, I am a little embarrassed by my low tech question.... Is it possible or can it made be possible when you click on a specific date on "calendar", the whole column of that date stands out (like in excel). Currently, I have to scroll down with a steady hand, to make sure I don't change the column (date) I am looking at.....
Regards,
René
Last edited by rrsaffie on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
markkinchin
Site Admin

I don't know a way to do this but it is a good idea I will forward to the developers.
rrsaffie

Similar question.... is it possible to "freeze" the first column, like in excel as well, being the column with all the room numbers? If I click the "2 or more months" option.... I cannot see the room number in the first column.
Thanks in advance,
René
markkinchin
Site Admin

There is a column with the room names in the first and the last columns.

Generally, you will find the calendar loads faster if you only load the date range you need and you will be able to see the first or last column easier. Loading many months unnecessarily is only going to take longer for the page to load.
quillan

I assume your talking about the calendar in the Beds24 control panel?

If that's the case, like with Excel, can you freeze the dates at the top (call it the header if you want) when you scroll down the rooms. It gets a tad confusing sometimes when your looking at a date. I know you can enter a specific date but it would be much simpler to view if you could always see the dates at the top when you scroll through.
cmartinpage

I agree.
The Calendar is difficult to use when scrolling right or down. You keep having to go back to see which row or column your are looking at.
rrsaffie

@Quillan and @Cmartinpage; That is exactly what I am talking about....
If I am scrolling down, I want the header (the dates) frozen... like is possible in excel...
If I am scrolling left or right, I want the room number column frozen.... like in Excel...
AND... It would help me if when I click on a column or a row, the columns or row, like in excel, is accentuated...
Just to renew attention this subject, I will repost this issue.
Regards,
René
uptownapartments

I notice these posts are from 2017, but I still feel this is something that would make in particular the booking grid page much better.
If I am on my mobile and trying to look at the booking grid and I am wanting to compare availability in a group of 10 or so properties, it would make a big difference if the dates didn't disappear from the top as I scrolled down, and the rooms didn't disappear from the left hand side when I scrolled across, even if the column was cut to a small size so I could only see the first 10 letters.
Kind Regards,
Dave