Selling gift-cards / vouchers for christmas presents :-)

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
hessel

Hi! Is there a way to sell giftcards through the system? For example buying a unique voucher code. So that the receiver of the gift card can unlock a discount and book at a later time? Or is there another smarter way of doing this? Thanks!
lesleyrobertson

Hello,

You can setup and Extra offer that is not related to a booking.

Have a look at the documentation in the wiki page :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title ... Car_Rental

Best Regards

Lesley
land_of_green

Hello,

I want to do the same as hessel, but unfortunately Lesley's post does answer the question only partially.

Yes, you might setup an extra voucher offer, but:

1) Each time selling the offer, a unique voucher code has be generated and stored in the beds24 database.
2) At the time the voucher code was used for a certain booking, the voucher code has to be deleted or marked as invalid.

Does beds24 offer this funktionality?
If not, is there a third-party tool that offers it?
annettemorgenroth

1) Each time selling the offer, a unique voucher code has be generated and stored in the beds24 database.
2) At the time the voucher code was used for a certain booking, the voucher code has to be deleted or marked as invalid.

Does beds24 offer this functionality?
This functionality is not available.
If not, is there a third-party tool that offers it?
We are not aware of an integration partner who offers such a service.
somn'en bulle

There is a solution. Not ideal but it works.
https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Gift_Vouchers

I've improved a bit the concept viewtopic.php?f=8&t=976&p=4269&hilit=voucher#p4269

I've been working with this for over a year and it woked fine for me. The gift voucher number are stored in beds24, the client can receive a nice pdf with the number and you don't need a second payment system.
It would have been ALOT better to have the code holding the money so the client could use the normal reservation route and lower the price by the amount of the voucher but... well... that's the way it is :)
annettemorgenroth

We have just released the option to enter "One Time Use Voucher Codes" vouchers. You can add them in Settings > Booking Engine > Voucher Codes.

If you want to create a large number of vouchers you can prepare them in Excel and then copy and paste them.

Our plan is to add more rules to them shortly. Check the "News" module on the Dashboard for updates.