Conditional operator in email template variables

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
flexappart

A conditional operator within template variables would help to create more versatile/customized emails. Something like [IF:condition:then_text:else_text].
For example: [IF:[REFERRER]="AirBNB":"some payment or cancellation instructions text for AirBNB bookers":"some text for other bookers"].
I am aware that multiple auto-action emails using different triggers could achieve something similar in most cases, but it ends up with many different emails more difficult to maintain.
markkinchin
Site Admin

This is an interesting idea but it would be very difficult to program the IF logic. Perhaps we can come up with some kind of "smart" template variable that shows different text based on a status within the booking
flexappart

Yes it may be good enough to use only a determined status field (instead of any field) for the condition, especially if we can use auto actions to automatically set the content of this determined status field to something that would depend on another attribute of the booking (like the referrer channel in my example).
oreste.rivetti

I'm not currently interested in this feature, but I can suggest that a CASE statement with DEFAULT could enhance your proposal.