Google Hotel Finder

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
hausottenlock8

Hi, is there any plans to connect beds24.com to google hotel finder. So we can acept direct bookings from google and sync availbilities and prices?

Thanks and best regards
Dennis
annettemorgenroth

Google Hotel Finder currently presents booking options for a property via ads. So I guess you mean Google Hotel Price Ads.

We review the suitability of all potential channels based on customer demand and technical capability periodically. We have looked into adding Google Hotel Price Ads. This service works on a pay per click (not pay per booking) basis. For now we have decided to not create an interface because it would require alot of technical changes to our system and we do not see enough demand from our users to justify this. We will keep an eye on this, though.

Do you have any experience with it?
Epicea_old

annettemorgenroth wrote:We review the suitability of all potential channels based on customer demand and technical capability periodically. We have looked into adding Google Hotel Price Ads. This service works on a pay per click (not pay per booking) basis. For now we have decided to not create an interface because it would require alot of technical changes to our system and we do not see enough demand from our users to justify this. We will keep an eye on this, though.
That's a pretty bold statement. You're waiting to see if this whole Google thing takes off or not? I think it might, I wouldn't be surprised if we see it on smartphones even :D

In the meantime, the OTA's like booking.com are performing yet another landgrab and taking control of our listings on Google Hotel Finder.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:[ You're waiting to see if this whole Google thing takes off or not?
The problem is, when I read their spec they were not open directly to individual hotels, they seemed more focused on dealing with OTA's and Chains.

Do you have an account with them? If they make the service available directly to individual hotels they will become a lot more interesting to us.

At the moment we would have to act as an OTA to make the connection. (i.e. we would have to manage all the billing etc. and you would have an account with us, not with google)
mbedspaceuna

Would a connection to Google's Hotel Finder not work exactly as Tripadvisors CPC program, which you already provide functionality for? They don't seem to be going down the route of the booked on Google route like TA just did, but clearly they will and soon I guess.
annettemorgenroth

The difference is that you pay Tripadvisor directly. With Google you will not be able to pay Google directly. We would have to bill you as if we were an OTA and then we would have to pay Google.
genellehouse

So it appears that Hotel Finder is being "phased out" and replaced by Hotel Ads & Hotel Prices. https://developers.google.com/hotels/
Is this something that would be possible for beds24 to integrate?
annettemorgenroth

We have contacted Google about this. As soon as we hear back from Google we will look into this.
pasochicogay

Any news on this?
praguecityrooms

It seems that google does not allow hotel's to place ads directly. Instead you need to go through an approved partner and your contract is with the approved partner instead of google. Full list is here: https://www.google.com/ads/hotels/find-a-partner/.

I checked some of these approved partners, and this one looks good: http://www.adshotel.com/. They allow you to place ads on google hotel ads, trivago, skyscanner, etc. To get hotel prices they need a connection to beds24. Is it possible to investigate a connection ?