Credit or Debit Card details

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
wv_guesthouse

When collecting card details for storage, could the section title say 'Credit or Debit Card' rather than just 'Credit Card'? The implication is that debit cards are not accepted but we prefer debit cards as the costs are cheaper.
annettemorgenroth

"Credit card Collection" gives users the option to securely collect credit card details and charge them through their own system. This is not possible with debit card (there might be exceptions in certain countries). Therefore we see no need to implement the option to collect debit card details.
wv_guesthouse

In the UK we can process either Credit or Debit cards using the method of securely storing the card details and then putting the card details through our own PDQ machine. Is there any way we can edit the code ourselves or could it be an option to display 'Credit Card' or 'Credit/Debit Card'?
wv_guesthouse

Can I use the Global Booking Page Design / Custom Text to change the words?
I've tried this in the Custom Text box:
Credit Card|Credit or Debit Card
but I get the message 'did not save'.
annettemorgenroth

You can exchange words in SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE ->ADVANCED "Custom Text". Enter:

Credit Card|Debit Card

The system can only collect the cards listed in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->CREDIT CARD COLLECTION.
wv_guesthouse

Thank you for this - it works just as we wanted.
shangrila

So a Visa card that functions as a debit card cannot be processed? Or are you speaking of other types of debit cards that cannot be processed?

We would like to accept all Visa cards. As I understand it, Visa cards are processed in the same manner, regardless if they are a debit or credit card.
markkinchin
Site Admin

shangrila wrote:So a Visa card that functions as a debit card cannot be processed?
The card collection option only collects the card number, you process it with your own service. This should work with either credit or debit cards.

If you want to auto process the card use the deposit collection option and one of the payment processors we connect with.
shangrila

Thanks. Backpackers sometimes only have a visa debit card.