Integration with Seam for Digital Lock control

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
mark.hooper

Until recently (beginning of 2023) I was using RBOYS apps in conjunction with iCAL export from Beds24. This worked very well. It was reliable and with Auto Actions etc the generation, distribution etc of digital door lock PIN codes was 100% automatic. Sadly, SmartThings (which RBOYS apps work with) have changed the technical landscape and the RBOYS apps no longer work (since early 2023). I am currently using Seam to manually enter PIN codes but would like a function like ROBYS or RemoteLock / Lockstate. Seam have lots of documentation on integrations and API's and there is an blog they have written on Airbnb integration.....see link ---> https://www.seam.co/guides/best-smartlocks-for-airbnb

Some time ago I looked at RemoteLock/Lockstate and decided this service is grossly overpriced. In comparison to the RBOYS apps which were a one off $50 (or so) investment for a licence key, the Remotelock service was more than this for a monthly service fee for almost the exact same functionality.

Would BEDS24 consider an integration with Seam for digital lock management? I use Yale locks and looking through their documentation they seem to have a very wide range of locks that they integrate with.
annettemorgenroth

Does Seam support iCal? In this case you could set up a direct iCal connection between them an Beds24.

Remotelock also supports Yale locks. Can you have another look at them?

We are currently working on an integration with TTLocks and do not plan any more ones at this stage but you could ask Seam to reach out to us if they want to do an integration from their end.
mark.hooper

Hello, I don't believe Seam works with iCAL but I don't really know enough about it.

I'm not prepared to revisit RemoteLock. At close or more than to AUD$100 per month to manage the locks it's more expensive than what I pay for Beds24....and to be blunt, for a reasonably straight forward function. The RemoteLock service is a rip off.
annettemorgenroth

I suggest you reach out to Seam and ask them about iCal and if they want to set up a connection with Beds24 from their end.