Stripe consider accomodation businees as Higher Risk!!

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
[email protected]

Stripe has paused my account due to consider charging VCC from Expedia.com as Higher Risk. Are you considering connecting to another provider that would be able to charge Expedia Virtual Cards automatically? Stripe doesn't seem to be very suitable...
Thank you Iva
annettemorgenroth

Virtual cards generally have the lowest risk so this does not make sense and we are not aware of any problems with Stripe and virtual cards. Your Stripe account might not be set up properly. I recommend you check this with Stripe support.

If you having issues specific issues please start a support ticket so we can look into this.
[email protected]

I checked with the Stripe support and this is the answer from them:

Hi Iva,
I understand the difficulty of the situation. I greatly appreciate all your efforts putting into this to resolving the matter the soonest. Allow me to be completely honest with you.
After reviewing your account again, we’ve confirmed that your business represents a higher risk than we can currently support. We are unable to accept payments for VCC (account ID: acct_1MrhKDDg6MIq9CKE) moving forward.
We’re sorry we can’t be of more help, but these restrictions are firm.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best,
Russell
naiwokhills

Hi!
I faced the same exact situation a long time ago; in my case, for charging Booking.com virtual cards using Stripe.

Even though I can easily set up a custom payment gateway for the Beds24 booking engine, I do not see any way to use a custom payment gateway for charging cards from Beds24, whether virtual or real. I do not see how I can edit Beds24 code, and I am unable to add JS or HTML to Beds24, I wouldn't know where to do so.

Has anyone managed to use Beds24 to charge credit cards without using Stripe?

Thanks!
annettemorgenroth

[email protected] @naiwokhills

We would like to follow up on this with Stripe for you. Can you please start a support ticket via the SUPPORT button at the top of your Beds24 account - if you have removed your Stripe ID from Beds24 please give it to us.
annettemorgenroth

[email protected]

We discussed this with Stripe. Your problems have nothing to do with Expedia Virtual cards.

Stripe confirmed that they do not generally consider accommodation businesses a higher risk. They evaluate each business based on several criteria which they can not share.

Charging virtual cards or being an accommodation business alone does not make a business automatically "high risk".
genellehouse

In regard to this issue, we had to reach out to Stripe via online support, and they quickly enabled our account for Virtual CC.