Newbie Queries/Wish List

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
colnrita

markkinchin wrote:It sounds like you have solved the problems at the start of the thread, let me know if any are still unresolved.
Three remaining minor gripes for your rainy day list :D
  • There is no apostrophe in "extras". Common error, but grammar is important if you want to give the right impression.
    It would be nice to have a graphic background for site integration purposes.
    Assign optional value (ie yes/no) to checkboxes on booking form.
I tried the responsive option for the mobile device booking page and it seems to work; thank-you Annette. :D

I have been unable to enable upsell items on a room basis where the rates are linked; changing one changes both. To use previous example, if the rooms without fireplaces are linked so as to always be $25 cheaper, is there a way not to offer firewood with these (apart from de-linking them)?
annettemorgenroth

*"Extras" is fixed
*You can add a background picture to your booking page. You will find how to do it at the bottom of this: https://www.beds24.com/wiki/index.php/B ... oking_Page
*You mean the checkboxed for the upsell items? We think it is clear that the guest need to tick to add Extras. If you require the guest to make choices you can use a multiple choice custom questions (SETTINGS -> PROPERTIES -> BOOKING QUESTIONS).

*If you have upsell items on a room basis you will need to create seperate rates for each room.
colnrita

Thanks Annette.
  • Couldn't get the background to show more than 400px wide or to repeat, but the solid colour is fine.
    The request re the checkbox was in relation to the extra questions on the booking confirmation page. If the question is "Do you accept our booking conditions?" it might be better from a legal standpoint to have a "Yes" answer, than just a checked box.
annettemorgenroth wrote:If you have upsell items on a room basis you will need to create seperate rates for each room.
No worries; I will get on to it ;)
annettemorgenroth

Brilliant! About the question. You can do this with multiple choice - just offer the choice of "yes".
colnrita

annettemorgenroth wrote:About the question. You can do this with multiple choice - just offer the choice of "yes".
I tried this but it enables people to make a booking without accepting the booking conditions. The check box is okay, but it could be better ;)

The anti-spam CAPCHA on the form looks machine readable and the return email procedure is a bit cumbersome - as the number always appears the same would there be any risk including it somewhere else in the page text? An alternative you might consider is a simple honeypot, which I use on my site and it seems to work.

Very happy with this product - great versatility!
annettemorgenroth

If you set a multiple choice question with only the option "Yes" and "compulsory" the guest will not be able to complete the booking without acception your terms and conditions.
colnrita

Will do.

Thankyou and Happy 2014 to all.