Unit changes during stay

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
julesmcn

We would appreciate being able to disallow unit changes for external reservations during a single stay.

We use the hotel style, room/unit setup and cannot change to each unit being a separate room.

Thank you!
lesleywoermeijer

Go to Settings > Preferences > Lock Room Unit on Check-in and set = YES.

Then when you use the Booking Info Code CHECKIN in a booking, this will LOCK the booking in the Room/Unit.

You can use the Dashboard modules - Arrivals to auto add the Booking Info Code to a booking.

Alternatively you can add the Booking Info Code manually in the Info Tab of the booking.
julesmcn

This is not what I'm talking about. Now, a guest can make an online reservation and the system allows it over more than one unit.

We do not want to allow unit changes BEFORE checkin unless the reservation is made in-house.

the last reservation system we used had a setting to disallow unit changes while MAKING a reservtion online.
lesleywoermeijer

Beds24 works to optimise your booking potential, when using Room types, the inventory is grouped and on occasion for the duration of a booking the availability may not be in the same unit/room.

This is due to using Room Types (quantity > 1), you will need to manually shuffle the bookings in the room type so the guest does not need to change rooms during their stay.

Otherwise you need to create individual rooms and allow the guest to book a specific room rather than a room of a type.
julesmcn

Thanks. I did already know this. I didn't think this "Feature Requests" of the forum was for support, but for suggestions. It seems every time I post here for a feature request, I get support. Please know that if I require support, I will post in a support forum.

Sometimes bookings CAN'T be shuffled and we don't like to disappoint the guest by refusing their booking. It would be nice to have a SETTING that we could choose to not allow unit changes during external bookings.

Thank you for passing this suggestion up the line!