Gift Certificate Purchase Template

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
cedarhouseinn

We used another service prior to beds24 that had a special gift certicate template for people to purchase a gift certificate for our inn. They could purchase a set amount in terms of dollars and the form had lines not only for credit card billing but also for gift recipients name, special message, etc. It could look like the booking page you provide. A widget for gift certificates could be made to add to the web site which would go to the form.
annettemorgenroth

This help page https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Gift_Vouchers explains how to do this.
stonelion

This is a big one for us to since Gift Certificate sales are very profitable and popular.

I've read the WIKI but I'm not sure it's working the way that optimally it maybe should. A person wanting to purchase a gift certificate as say, a Christmas Gift for someone, should be able to purchase it in any dollar amount. For example. a room may cost $200 to book but perhaps the person only want's to buy a gift certificate in the amount of $50.

In this step:

Go to SETTINGS -> PROPERTIES-> ROOMS ->SETUP
enter "Name" – Gift Voucher

I believe there needs to be a way we can create a drop-down specifying multiple dollar amounts from which the customer can choose. If I understand the current process, the only way to offer different denominations is to create a bunch of different "rooms" with the name "gift voucher" in the title and each having a different price? That seems rather cumbersome if so.

Also, there needs to be a way for the purchaser to add a custom message to appear on the gift certificate such as, "Merry Christmas Annette"

Attached is a screen shot showing the concept of how the purchase of a gift certificate should potentially work.
giftcertificatepurchase.jpg
giftcertificatepurchase.jpg (121.94 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

Once a purchase of the Gift Certificate has been made, beds24 should render the Gift Certificate for printing. Attached is a redacted example of the gift certificate for printing.
Samplegiftcert.jpg
Samplegiftcert.jpg (155.4 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
So immediately after the person purchases a gift certificate they can print it off (with their custom message on the gift certificate) to give it to whomever.
Last edited by stonelion on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stonelion

The other question I have is, can I generate a Voucher Code using your API?

If so, I can write the gift certificate purchase form myself and collect the credit card number for offline processing and I can dynamically generate the Gift Certificate for print. I can write the whole thing myself.
annettemorgenroth

Setting voucher codes via API is not possible.