Guest Registration Details Capture

Suggestions and ideas to make Beds24.com better
gerval2015

To become a more rounded front office system. I think it would be beneficial to add the ability to register guests details on arrival to check in.

I use two different systems at the moment, and use beds24 just to enable online bookings for accommodation offering, but are a larger campsite and the motorhome / caravan visitors are handled on another system. I would like to switch all my use to beds24. However, daily I have to register details of all guests arrivals then each night export this to load to a police system.

It would be very useful to have fields within the booking to allow capture of all guests details. The fields specific to my use are First Name / Surname / Date of Birth / Nationality / ID Document Type / ID Document Number / ID Document Start & Expiry date / Male or Female.

I need these for all guests (not just the lead guest) - I can then export these into a CSV file, it would be useful that the fields are customisable as I have to export in the Spanish Language.

It might be a useful feature for other users as I know there have been many regulations that require guest detail submission, many regions of Spain now have new regulations that even airbnb guests detail must now be submitted nightly to the police.
annettemorgenroth

You can use "custom questions" to do this. You can set them up in Settings > Properties > Booking Questions. For reporting you can generate a custom report in Reports > Custom Reports.

If you set the "Control Panel Language" in Settings > Account > Preferences the report should be generated in Spanish.
gerval2015

That would be a very messy workaround.

I might need to capture details of up to 8 guests per booking with 9 items of data. So that could be up to 72 fields I need to complete. I would need each data item to link to the specific guest to which it belongs. And i dont even think custom questions would allow so many fields.

I´m sure a guest registration page would be useful to more than just my use case.

It doesn´t need to be customer facing it can just be internal, but then at a later stage can be added to the guest login feature, to allow in future an online check option. All potential for additional revenue for you.
aptsbcn

Hi, many companies that offer a quick registration system for the clients in Spain actually do the following:
1. A few days before the arrival of the client they send a form to be filled if the client wants to do an "online check-in" (this you can achieve in beds24 by creating an auto-action email sent automatically a few days before the arrival).
2. The email you send can contain a form made in wordpress. I can recommend you Formidable forms, because there are many options, but I believe there are many other similar plugins.
3. You can set up a view of the form entries to show only the entries for a specific date. Then you can download a csv and upload it to the police website.

It may seem complicated but once you have it running, it wouldn't be different than what any other program offers.
aptsbcn

I would like to ask though if it's possible to integrate Beds24 with this application, since it can scan the passports etc. making everything much quicker: https://integrations.chekin.io/knowledg ... a89a5-b88c
Perhaps it's already possible through integromat?
annettemorgenroth

Chekin.io provides an iCal based sync with Beds24. Chekin.io support can give you information on how it works.

We are looking into setting up an API connection but we can not give you a time frame at the moment.
kingszg

Two different discussions seem to overlap in this thread.

1. Can we make the "guest" function a bit more useful by adding custom fields for every guest?
2. Is it possible to integrate beds24 with local systems (for official guest registration or other things), which are different in every country.

Personally, I definitely second the first. It would be very good if the guest records have additional standard or customs fields. I understand there is an issue with data protection to store sensitive personal guest data. May be, there is an option to mark these guest custom fields for deletion upon check out (or after a certain time period), which is currently possible for the booking customs fields already.
We currently don't use the guest database, as it's pretty useless with the fields that are currently in there, while typical individual guest registration form data (like DOB, passport number, ...) but also guest preferences cannot be captured.

On the second issue, I really want to say that from our experience, beds24' API is the most powerful and easy-to-use interface on the market. We cannot reasonably expect for beds24 to do the integration steps for us, given that the systems which they need to integrate with are different, country by country. It has been very easy for us to create small php-app to transmit guest registration data to our local authorities and to transmit payment data to our fiscal authorities, which we are obliged to do. I'm happy to share that experience.