Auto Actions - Bugs / Feature request

Post here if you cannot find a better category
cambalala

Hiya.

I've been playing with the Auto Actions for the last day or 2 and the potential for this functionality is huge. I'm very impressed but also battling to get them to work as desired. (Probably because they don't quite function as I desire. lol.)

Ok so...
1) The term Auto Actions is a bit misleading as not all the actions are auto. (Pedantic on my part maybe?)
2) The 1 hour (on the hour) wait for auto actions to happen can be very frustrating. Especially when trying to perform various actions in a chain.
Could this be dropped to 15 minutes for true auto actions and Immediate for "Send Now's" ?
3) The "send now" action is also a bit misleading. - Because although the "Email" will send now! - the other "Booking" changes part of the action will only take place on the hour again. Could you not ALSO - have the "Booking" Action perform NOW on the "SEND NOW" option? - This would make more sense if you need to perform a set of actions immediately. Especially actions that are dependent on custom flags.
4) The "Booking" part of the "Send Now" action will also ONLY perform if the status of the Booking is "Confirmed" - Regardless what you put in the action trigger. - The email however sends now. - Odd!

I think that covers the things I've found so far under actions.

Thanks.
R.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Auto actions run as an hourly batch.

The manual email send (from within a booking) only sends the mail part of the action, it does not trigger the other functions in the action and is not intended to.

If an auto action is set to type "manual" it can only be used for sending manual emails, the invoice and booking functions only run when it is set to type "auto".
cambalala

........Feature request then?
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are looking into running the auto actions more often than once per hour
cambalala

Ok thanks. That will be a great improvement. I still think you should have a configuration setting option to also perform the booking changes part of the action on "send now". Like a perform with send "send now" instruction - yes/no option.

This would be useful if you have to manually perform a string of interdependent actions.