A few minor bugs

Post here if you cannot find a better category
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote: I do understand what is behind all this and it is something I may consider if future with regards to different methods of payment depending on how close to the reservation date the guest makes their reservation. I think you should try and do two things, firstly make the system default default to just basic messages both on the screen and emails and second to make it less confusiong that the text entry boxes do not appear until you activate the option thus making it less complicated.
It might be better to start again. There are default basic messages which you could use as a starting point.

To get back to the default setup click the "restore default" button on each message. If there is no restore button simply delete the message because that would be the default.

It might be worth making a copy of your current messages before deleting them so you can paste the bits you want to keep back in.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote:I am using Vista 64 Premium which can only handle IE9 and I don't use any other browser if that helps.
ok confirmed, I tried with ie and see the problem, I will see if we can get it fixed today.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote:I am using Vista 64 Premium which can only handle IE9 and I don't use any other browser if that helps.
It was an IE specific problem, it should be fixed now.
quillan

OK I have done what you have suggested with reference to the setting everything back to default. The website behaves as it should but the guest does not get any confirmation email regardless of it it is a same day reservation or in two weeks time. Please feel free to make test reservations using your name so I know to delete them afterwards. I am really loosing the will to live now, I just can't get it to work.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Start a support ticket with the booking numbers of your test bookings.
We can check the logs to see where the emails are going for those bookings and what they contain.

They are not in your spam filter are they?

If you are using gmail it can sometimes put emails that are sent and received by the same email address in strange places, try using a different address for the receiver when testing.
quillan

No their not in the spam folder. Your domain and by business domain are both marked as 'friends' domains in my email client and in MailWasherPro.

I will raise a ticket but I can't give you the booking numbers because I delete them afterwards (between 30 minutes and 2 hours) but feel free to use my website to create bookings and as I said I will delete them afterwards (send me an email when you have finished).