VRBO/Homeaway API messaging

Post here if you cannot find a better category
candycanepanda

Hi I can't see anywhere if you have Homeaway/VRBO API messaging.

This is a must-have feature for me.

Do you offer this?
annettemorgenroth

VRBO does not have a messaging API yet but they are working on it. Currently the release is scheduled for Q1 2022. Beds24 will receive early access to this new API so we should be the first connectivity partner who can offer this integration.

Follow the news on you dashboard for updates.
candycanepanda

Do you mean Q1 2023?

We also have Fantastic stay and their system works with the VRBO messaging just fine, including inquriies and bookings.

Can we pay extra for you to make something for us in the meantime, this may be a dealbreaker as the whole point of having a PMS is to have one place to go for everything.
annettemorgenroth

What Fantastic Stay have is an integration to import enquiries from VRBO.

This is not a messaging integration and it is not 2-way.

We are not planning to integrate this function because we will receive priority early access VRBOs proper messaging API which VRBO is currently developing.
candycanepanda

Fantastic stay has an API for inquriies.

Then after booking they have 2-way emails.

We want two-way emails in our messenger because we want one place for all bookings including direct bookings which we get.

Otherwise we would have to message off platform for that.

So, I guess this is what we really need.
candycanepanda

Hi, just to clarify.

After we finish the integration with VRBO (they said that will take 2 more weeks), will messages work with VRBO in any way inside beds24?

Or we do have to continue using the VRBO messenger for messages?

I just want to confirm 100% that neither or these will work in beds24, as this is unfortunately a deal breaker with me with staying with the platform.
annettemorgenroth

will messages work with VRBO in any way inside beds24
No. VRBO does not yet have a messaging API so this is technically impossible.
Or we do have to continue using the VRBO messenger for messages?
Yes you will need to communicate via VRBO

Please note that no other channel manager has a proper messaging integration with VRBO because VRBO does not yet have a messaging API. What other systems call a messaging integration is actually an import of enquires.
candycanepanda

Thank you we decided to just tell VRBO occupants that we will deal with them via email only and see what happens.

We like your platform more than Tokeet and Fantastic Stay and Guesty is a rip off.

Please get email support built into your messenger as we will need these for direct bookings and we can't wait for the VRBO API.