Wordpress plugin q's: Multiunit ind. & Default no. guests

Everything related to your website and the Beds24 widgets
ray-zin

Hi.

I'm trying to integrate the wordpress plugin and have come accross 2 issues:
1) How do I get the default number of guests to work?
If I set: "Number of Guests:" in the plugin settings page this value is ignored and not populated on the booking page.

2) How do I default the multiroom parameter to: "1" from the wordpress plugin?
I've tried: [beds24-embed multiroom="1"] but it doesnt work. I've also looked at the custom parameter field in the settings page but am not sure what to do with that.
the documentation doesnt' really explain much either in terms of this.

thanks.
R.
ray-zin

Ok... Ive discoverd that this will set the multiroom flag: [beds24-embed custom="multiroom=1"]

But I can't find a way to do both number of adults and multiroom... ie: [beds24-embed custom="multiroom=1" custom="numadult=7"]
annettemorgenroth

The number of adults are set in the Iframe settings SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE->BOOKING WIDGETS-> EMBEDDED IFRAME.

The shortcode for a booking page with activated multi room function is: [beds24-embed propid="2035" custom="multiroom=1"]
ray-zin

Hi Annete. Thanks for your response.

Yes I know that [beds24-embed custom="multiroom=1"] this will set the flag. however regarding the number of adults...
its does not matter what you put in booking page --> Number of Guests:
because that vaulue gets ignored and 2 is ALWAYS defaulted.
annettemorgenroth

The number of adults is defined it the widgets section. It will display what you set there.
ray-zin

Are you talking wordpress?

In wordpress if I go to: Settings --> Beds24 --> Booking Widgets. - There is no option for number of guests. only: Target, Colour, Background Colour and padding. That is all.

if I go to: Settings --> Beds24 --> Booking Page. - Here there is an option to set: Number of Guests: - HOWEVER no matter what value I put here it ALWAYS defaults to "2". ALWAYS.

So please can you look into this a little bit more as its definitely not working properly.
annettemorgenroth

No, you can set this in the Beds24 control panel in SETTINGS->BOOKING PAGE->BOOKING WIDGETS-> EMBEDDED IFRAME.
ray-zin

1) I've tried this and it does not work. - Because the settings cannot be saved. You can only use this to generate the iframe html.
2) What's the point of having the option in the wordpress plugin if it can't be used?
markkinchin
Site Admin

The parameter to set the number of guests is numadult=1

This will work in the url opening the booking page and in a wordpress shortcode.

Do note that the wordpress shortcode only uses this when the page is initially opened. Once the page is open the value is stored in a session variable and next time the page is opened (up to about 15 min later) it will use the previous value rather than the value from the shortcode. This can be confusing when you are testing but makes sense for guests wanting to book.
ray-zin

Perfect. thanks...

this shortcode does the trick: [beds24-embed numadult=7 custom="multiroom=1"]

rgds,
Raymond.