API vs. embed/widget vs. URL

Develper issues when using the Beds24 APi.
developer_infra

Am I understanding it correctly that there are basically 3 ways to integrate/use the beds24 system on a webpage, i.e.
1) using the API
2) embedding the beds24 booking page and using wordpress widgets
3) using the beds24.com/booking.php with parameters

If so, wouldn't it be normal to use just one of the above methods, rather than mixing them?

Regards,
Birgir
lesleywoermeijer

Hello Birgir,

It is possible to use only 1 or a combination of all 3, it is your choice.

You can setup different booking widgets to be added to your website (including wordpress), you can have different booking widgets on different pages within the same website.

The API can be used to connect to external systems including your website.
developer_infra

I realize you can use any of the 3 methods or a mixture of them, from a technical standpoint.
But would it make sense to use the API (such as for entering dates and do availability and price checks) and then use the embeeded beds24-booking widget to perform the booking? Then you will be presented again with the check-in/check-out dates and number of guests, that you already provided (on the page using the API). In other words, if using the API, wouldn't you use it though-out the website rather than mixing it widgets usage?

Regards,
Birgir
annettemorgenroth

The widgets and the booking page will use the availability and prices which are in Beds24 regardless how they were entered.