Using API to add invoice item

Develper issues when using the Beds24 APi.
davidtrillo

We are currently organising a changeover of our booking and guest management system to Beds24 because of its flexibility and access to the API. We are a 15 Room Beach Hotel in Sri Lanka with a full Bar and Restaurant operation.

We run a separate POS system for Bar and Restaurant bills (SambaPOS system tailored to our operation) to enable guests to sign bills to their respective room and settle these bills at the point of check out. It is very important for us to be able to assign (preferably auto assign) the total of the Restaurant bills to the final invoice. I understand that there are a number of available Template Variables available to assign these costs too but can I assign a value to a Variable through the API.

I propose to get Guest details from the API to feed the POS system at time of Check in and I think I will be able to do this but maintaining the current restaurant balance on the Beds24 is an important part of the process for the Hotel. Operating staff are not as computer literate as we would like and automating these processes is definately the way we need to go.

Any assistance or ideas how to acheive this would be greatly appreciated.
markkinchin
Site Admin

There are JSON and XML functions which will allow you to add charges to a bookings invoice.

https://api.beds24.com/json/setBooking

https://api.beds24.com/xml/putBookings
davidtrillo

I am trying post invoice charges to a booking through the API. This works for straight forward invoice charge as it is marked as type 0. The charges I will to add are required to be referenced by the invoice template [INVOICEEXTRAITEM1]. Is this a different type number and if so is there a list if type numbers for charges.

Is there a way to set default Status for charges and payments. I need all Room Charge items and upsells to be status1, EXTRAINVOICE items to be status 2 etc
markkinchin
Site Admin

The EXTRA ITEM NUMBER is an internal value representing which upsell item or charge was applied.

It cannot currently be set with the API but you can read it with JSON getBookings.
We will look at including it in a new API function specifically for invoicing.
davidtrillo

Thanks, I feel this would be a very useful feature for anyone developing an API from a Restaurant POS (as I currently am)
davidtrillo

Can you tell me if any progress has been made with this feature. I am hoping this can be implemented soon.
markkinchin
Site Admin

We have added a JSON function getInvoices

The reciprocal function setInvoices is planned.
davidtrillo

Can you tell me if the setinvoices function has been implemented yet?
markkinchin
Site Admin

setInvoices has not been implemented.

If you want to add or modify invoice items on a particular booking, you can do this with JSON setBooking