Double Booking

mangoadmin

Hello

I had an instance yesterday of a double booking, where two bookings came through within a minute of each other, the system allowed the second booking in, overbooking me.

I raised a ticked but was told there's nothing you could do.

[BEDS24TICKETID 102805]

I'm assuming that some sort of ACK was sent back for the second booking where it could have been suppressed or something similar. 1 minute isn't really a short space of time and while I was told this was rare, the cost to us, reputationally and fiscally is immense. I have two sets of guests heading to us, unaware that one of them cannot stay with us despite making a valid booking and receiving confirmation. And while it may be rare, there is a possibility and while this is the case, a major risk in our current setup.

Thanks for your help.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Most channels, even the XML ones do not provide a way for the channel manager to reject a booking once it has begun.

There is not much we can do to prevent 2 people booking the same room and date at two different channels at the same minute.
In our experience this is very rare event but it can and does occasionally happen.