Extra guest charges applied incorrectly for 2+ nights

Post here if you cannot find a better category
wbstephen

This is a follow up to a forum question and support ticket which have not been resolved.

Rather than having a single rate per room, I have started using a master rate and linking other rooms using a per night offset.

In the master rate I have set an extra charge for adults and children.

For single night stays the extra guest charges are being applied successfully. For 2 or more nights, no matter how many additional guests are added (adults or children) the price is calculated as the base rate + $25 per night.

See attached images as an example
Attachments
2 nights incorrect.PNG
2 nights incorrect.PNG (76.97 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
1 night stay correct calculation
1 night stay correct calculation
1 night correct.PNG (185.91 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
wbstephen

I think I have figured out what is happening from nights 2+. It appears that all that adding extra guests achieves is to remove the discount that is being applied to the room. In my discount settings for this rate, I subtract $25 per night for stays of two nights or more. When extra guests are added these discounts appear not to apply. So there seems to be a conflict between the subtraction of discounts and the addition of extra guests.
annettemorgenroth

This is not the case. The it does not work for you is that you have set the "Room Price" to apply to "Max Room Occupancy" which causes the "Extra Person" and "Extra Child" price not to apply. Please also see the more detailed answer to your ticket.
wbstephen

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

However, the fact that the Oscars Promotion rate was overriding the standard rate means the Oscars Promotion rate is in fact available on those dates and so the Discount/Promotion field should be showing, which it is not.

So one more issue to overcome.
annettemorgenroth

The rate in the screenshot was just an example. You have the problem with other rates as well. I recommend you check all rates.

The voucher code will apply when a rate for which the voucher code is activated applies. The “Price Check Tool” shows you which prices and rules apply for specific dates/selections. You can find links to the "Price Check Tool" on the RATES, CALENDAR and SUPPORT pages.

Send us a support ticket if you find a condition where the price check tool shows that a rate applies for which you have the voucher code activated but it is not applied so we can check the problem.