A few minor bugs

Post here if you cannot find a better category
quillan

Hi Marc,

Been finally going through and updating everything into the new functions in the current control panel and have noticed a few minor issues
The spell checker froze a couple of times.

Now I am using the new embedded calendar on my website I notice that when you make a reservation and want to go back from the reservation form only the top ‘Back’ button works.

If you call up the ‘Template Variables’ screen there are some typos like “[GUESTFULLNAME] - titel, first name, last name” which was the most obvious.

Because the new(er) booking form has more fields which allows us to collect data on how people find our website we no longer have a need for your system to take us to another web page on our website to collect this information which is very good and less confusing for the guest. However by removing that URL from “Booking Return URL” on Bookings Page/Advanced I now get an empty page with the words “Please print a copy of this page as your reference” and a button marked ‘Print’ after completing a test reservation through my site. If I click on the button it literally prints the blank page with those words and the button image. If I put in the home page of my website then after making the booking your frame returns to the ‘default’ (or Index if you prefer) page of my website but within your frame so it looks like I have a webpage within a webpage.

Probably not important as guests won't do this normaly but when I was testing I wanted to change the format of the email the guest got to confirm their reservation. To do this I had to create a booking. After the booking if I returned to my website homepage and then went into Beds 24 and deleted the booking then went back to my website and the calender to make another test reservation all the data (name, address etc) was still there. Pretty handy as I didn't have to type them all in again to do another test but I rather expected that the data would not still be there.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote: Now I am using the new embedded calendar on my website I notice that when you make a reservation and want to go back from the reservation form only the top ‘Back’ button works.
Can you tell me what exactly does not work?
quillan wrote: If you call up the ‘Template Variables’ screen there are some typos like “[GUESTFULLNAME] - titel, first name, last name” which was the most obvious.
Thanks, it's been corrected. The wiki is riddled with spelling mistakes and typos, let us know if you find anymore and we will get them fixed.
quillan wrote: Because the new(er) booking form has more fields which allows us to collect data on how people find our website we no longer have a need for your system to take us to another web page on our website to collect this information which is very good and less confusing for the guest. However by removing that URL from “Booking Return URL” on Bookings Page/Advanced I now get an empty page with the words “Please print a copy of this page as your reference” and a button marked ‘Print’ after completing a test reservation through my site. If I click on the button it literally prints the blank page with those words and the button image. If I put in the home page of my website then after making the booking your frame returns to the ‘default’ (or Index if you prefer) page of my website but within your frame so it looks like I have a webpage within a webpage.
Do you have a message for each language you allow at the menu Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages ?
quillan wrote: Probably not important as guests won't do this normaly but when I was testing I wanted to change the format of the email the guest got to confirm their reservation. To do this I had to create a booking. After the booking if I returned to my website homepage and then went into Beds 24 and deleted the booking then went back to my website and the calender to make another test reservation all the data (name, address etc) was still there. Pretty handy as I didn't have to type them all in again to do another test but I rather expected that the data would not still be there.
It is by design that it remembers the fields to make it easier to make a second booking. Credit cards do not get remembered though.
quillan

Button not working - When a guest clicks on the 'Booking' button a form appears into which they enter their details. There are two buttons marked 'Back', one at the top right and another at the bottom left. If you click on the top right one it takes you back to the calender, if you click on the bottom left nothing happens.
Do you have a message for each language you allow at the menu Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages ?
No I didn't, nothing in either one (English and French). I have entered the default into both English and French and they both work.

Something else I found but forgot to mention. There is no 'Template Variable' for 'Title'. In France it is not good manners to put a persons christian name in an email unless you know them so it would be nice to be able to put [TITLE] followed by [GUESTNAME].
quillan

OK now I am getting confused.

I setup an nicely formated email (in English and French) to be sent to the guest using Settings > Confirmation Messages > Period Messages > Normal Booking - Email Message and it worked OK. Now I have make the changes to Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages which gets over the issue of the 'webpage within a webpage' I don't get the email that I setup, I get another 'default' email that looks terrible

It should look like this (in both English and French)
Dear [GUESTFULLNAME]

This is an automated email to confirm we have received your reservation details.

Thank you for your reservation at Les Eaux Tranquilles and confirm we have received the following details.

Room name [ROOMNAME]

You will be arriving on [FIRSTNIGHT] at approximately [GUESTARRIVALTIME], departing on [LEAVINGDAY] and that the number of people arriving will be [NUMADULT].

The total price of your reservation is [PRICE]

Your contact details are as follows.

[GUESTFULLNAME]
[GUESTADDRESS]
[GUESTCITY]
[GUESTPOSTCODE]
[GUESTCOUNTRY]

Email - [GUESTEMAIL]

Phone - [GUESTPHONE]

Mobile - [GUESTMOBILE]

Comments [GUESTCOMMENTS]

If there are any errors it is imperative that you contact us immediately by replying to this email.

Yours Faithfully

Chris Kenway
but now comes out like
Your booking details:

Les Eaux Tranquilles
Reference Number: 310173
Room: Lavender - Mountain View
Name: Mr Christopher KENWAY
Email: [email protected]
Arrival: Friday 23 January 2015
Nights: 1
Adults: 2
Children:
0Rate:
Total: €55.00

Your booking details:Les Eaux TranquillesReference Number: 310173Room: Lavender - Mountain View (1)Name: Mr Christopher KENWAYEmail: [email protected]: Friday 23 January 2015Nights: 1Adults: 2Children: 0Rate:
Description Quantity Price Total
Lavender - Mountain View from 23 Jan 2015 to 24 Jan 2015 (1 Night) 1 €55.00 €55.00
Grand Total     €55.00
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote: Something else I found but forgot to mention. There is no 'Template Variable' for 'Title'. In France it is not good manners to put a persons christian name in an email unless you know them so it would be nice to be able to put [TITLE] followed by [GUESTNAME].
The template variable is [GUESTTITLE] It was there but missing from the documentation, you can also use [GUESTFULLNAME] to put the title, first and last name together.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote:Button not working - When a guest clicks on the 'Booking' button a form appears into which they enter their details. There are two buttons marked 'Back', one at the top right and another at the bottom left. If you click on the top right one it takes you back to the calender, if you click on the bottom left nothing happens.
Both buttons work on my test site, can you post a link to the page which is doing this.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote: I setup an nicely formated email (in English and French) to be sent to the guest using Settings > Confirmation Messages > Period Messages > Normal Booking - Email Message and it worked OK. Now I have make the changes to Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages which gets over the issue of the 'webpage within a webpage' I don't get the email that I setup, I get another 'default' email that looks terrible
I should have explained the different booking notifications better and how you can use them:

The main message at Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages get included both on the screen and in the email to guest.

The messages at Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages > Period Messages get included based on the booking period. The appropriate normal, near term or exeptional period message will be used depending on your booking rules defining these periods and there is a different message for the screen and email for each.

The messages at Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages > Type Messages get included based on the booking type and in included in both the email and on screen.

It is up to you which of the messages you want to use, leave the unused ones blank. When multiple messages are to be shown they are shown together one after another.

If you want different messages in the email and on the screen use the ones at Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages > Period Messages

You could put any common content in Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages and the varying content for each in Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages > Period Messages
quillan

Your first question about the 'Back' button, check using the following URL.

http://www.chambresdhote.com/reservatio ... tions.html

Now the mesages and emails.

You told me that to stop the website with in website problem I have to use Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages which I have done and you imply that without this I will have the website within a website problem.

The next problem was the email content when I made a reservation which you explained was to do with the 'Normal' and 'Near Term' messaging so under Propeties > Booking Rules so I set Near Term Bookings to Not Used. I assume that now it will not matter how far in advance you make a booking or even if you make it on the same day you will get the email? Problem is the email that the guest recieves now has the 'Settings > Properties > Confirmation Messages' messge that is displayed on the screen after the guest has made their reservation at the bottom of the email which I don't want and looks stupid.

I have spent almost two hours mucking around with this now and I have completely lost track of what I have done. I just want something simple, a message on the screen and an email sent everytime somebody makes a reservation regardless of how far in advance.

I do understand what is behind all this and it is something I may consider if future with regards to different methods of payment depending on how close to the reservation date the guest makes their reservation. I think you should try and do two things, firstly make the system default default to just basic messages both on the screen and emails and second to make it less confusiong that the text entry boxes do not appear until you activate the option thus making it less complicated.
markkinchin
Site Admin

quillan wrote:Your first question about the 'Back' button, check using the following URL.

http://www.chambresdhote.com/reservatio ... tions.html
I click book for the first room and then on the page where the guest enters their name etc. there are two back buttons. Both of them work for me and take me back to the original starting page.
I tested with firefox, is it happening with a specific browser?
quillan

I am using Vista 64 Premium which can only handle IE9 and I don't use any other browser if that helps.