sending email to airbnb guests.

oreste.rivetti

This post about airbnb is similar to my other post in this forum regarding booking.com.

My question: has anyone here successfully sent email - in a programmable fashion, no human intervention involved - to airbnb guests and how, using the email proxy address that the Channel Manager provides when it confirms a reservation?

I'm developing a custom application that needs to send email to airbnb guests. The CM interface provides an email address field, which is a guest's address proxy through an airbnb relay. In practice, it's an airbnb email address. When I sent an email messages to that address the guest didn't receive it. The relay seems to sink it. The test message I sent was seven words, nothing that could conceivably be mistaken for spam.

Thanks in advance
markkinchin
Site Admin

I believe it is important that the sender of the email is the same as your airbnb host email address
starkesangebot

even though i am using the email, identical to my airbnb account, my messages to the guest are not send trough.

Any reasons why?
annettemorgenroth

Do you see them on the outgoing Email folder in your Email account? They should be there. If they are please ask Airbnb to check what the problem is.
oreste.rivetti

Good luck asking airbnb.

I started this thread and after months I'm exactly in the same place; email messages don't go through. I spoke to airbnb support reps. One told me that the proxy email address they provide isn't connected to anything (!). Another rep told me that my email messages did go through but that she couldn't tell me where for privacy reasons.

If you find out something more please share your findings. Thank you in advance.
[email protected]

Email sent to the proxy email address go to the guests mail box linked to that email account. The messages don't go to the message thread within AirBnB. A workaround is to set an auto response in Airbnb to inform guests that they will receive booking information via email.