Daily Prices and Occupancy Pricing at booking.com

c9bapps

Hi there.
I’m about to do my first channel manager integration with booking.com and I’m hoping to get confirmation of my understanding of how a couple of things work before I flip the switch.

I have 3 room types in the hotel.

In beds24, I’ve set daily prices for each room type with a 2 person occupancy level. I have set up additional daily prices for other occupancy levels for each room type that derive their prices from the 2 person occupancy level. In the 2 person (normal) occupancy daily price settings, I have enabled the booking.com channel and direct bookings and set the rate code retrieved from booking.com.

In the booking.com extranet I have only one “Rate Category” named “Standard Rate”.
I have “Occupancy Pricing” enabled. The occupancy level pricing derives pricing from the “Standard Rate” which is set manually on a daily basis.

Am I correct in my understanding that upon activating the connection, all of the daily prices that were set in booking.com will be deleted and replaced with the daily prices from beds24 for each of the 3 room types? Also, once I activate the connection, will the booking.com “Occupancy Pricing” continue to function but now simply use the synced beds24 daily rates in calculating and displaying prices?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Wayne
annettemorgenroth

The "Standard" rate code in Booking.com normally requires a price for the full occupancy. If you map this daily price to Booking.com they will derive the prices of the other occupancies from this price.
c9bapps

Thanks Annette