sending email messages to booking.com guests

oreste.rivetti

I'm developing a custom application that needs to send email to booking.com guests. The channel manager interface provides an email address field, which is a guest's address proxy through a booking.com relay. In practice, it's a booking.com email address. When I send email messages to that address the guest doesn't receive it. The relay seems to sink it. So, my first question is, what is the meaning/purpose of the email address field that the CM provides.

My second question: has anyone here successfully sent email - in a programmable fashion, no human intervention involved - to booking.com guests and how?

I spoke to a booking.com support rep, and she stated that the only way to send email messages to guests is to log into the booking.com web interface and compose a message from there. This is unsuitable for the application that I'm developing because message sending needs to be automated. I'm not interested in bulk email sending. Basically my app needs to send a custom confirmation ticket to the guest, that's all.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Hi

You can send an email to the guest via the proxy email address provided by booking.com, you do not need to log in to booking.com.

If the mail is not getting through to the guest, it could be blocked by booking.com, do you have any content they may treat as spam and block?
oreste.rivetti

Hmm, content that could appear as spam, no, not patently, but I can investigate more in this sense.
oreste.rivetti

I can confirm that I was able to send regular email to a booking.com guest through the proxy email address.