individual rooms, room types and virtual room types for airbnb and booking.com

mayfield

Hello Guys
So Im new to beds24 and airbnb and Im concerned about how to set individual rooms and room types. I want to map beds24 to booking.com and airbnb.

In Airbnb you need to represent each room in a hotel individually. However ive set my rooms in beds24 as room types and synchronised successfully with booking.com. However i cant now synchronise the individual rooms within the roomtype with airbnb.

Do i need to start again and represent each room as a room type and then group together individual rooms as a virtual room type and Then map the virtual roomtypes to booking.com again and the finally map the individual rooms to airbnb? Is there not a way to map the individual rooms within a real beds24 room type to Airbnb? Or am i forced to start again and list all rooms individually within beds24?

Whats the advice for setup. EITHER A) Start with creating room types and specify individual rooms within the real room type OR start with individual rooms as room types and create virtual room types as groups of individual rooms
annettemorgenroth

You can keep your set up. If you sell rooms individually at a channel like Airbnb and want to sell them on Booking.com as a "roomtype" with a quantity of more than one you can set up virtual rooms.

Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Combi ... a_roomtype how to set this up.
mayfield

This does not answer what i said. I already know I can do that way round.

The trouble is I will now have to reenter all my hotel rooms individually in beds24.
I repeat: The trouble is I have already created room types and rooms within roomtypes. I have already mapped these room types with booking.com without using virtual room types.

I now wish to map the individual rooms within the room types in beds24 with individual rooms in airbnb i cant do this without starting again because i created the room types first and specified the individual rooms when i specified the inventory quantity for each room type.
annettemorgenroth

I understand you have room types at Booking.com? If so you also need room types in Beds24 so you can map each room type you have in Booking.com to a room type in Beds24.

Airbnb does not support room types. You can map each room type to Airbnb but Airbnb will only allow one booking in each of your rooms types.

If you want to sell each of your rooms (not just one per room type) on Airbnb you need to set each room up in Beds24 as well.

To avoid double bookings you need to set dependencies between the individual rooms (for Airbnb) and the room type (for Booking.com) as explained here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Combi ... a_roomtype
mayfield

Just to let you know Ive logged this as a ticket.
mayfield

The trouble with the link you specify is that it uses a specific example that assumes you have created a connectivity with Airbnb first and specified individual rooms in beds24.

The issue i have is the reverse. I need an example that shows how, having connected room types to room types in booking.com how to connect with Airbnb when you have used only room types and inventory in beds24.

The link you mentioned only shows an example of how to connect to booking.com after you have connected 1-1 with airbnb
annettemorgenroth

The rooms you have already set up are your "virtual rooms" for Booking.com. Leave them as they are.

What you need to add are your individual rooms for Airbnb.

The dependencies are set as explained in the tutorial.
mayfield

As discussed the tutorial does not cover the problem

IM NOT TRYING TO COMBINE INDIVIDUAL ROOMS INTO ROOM TYPES.
IM TRYING TO BREAK OUT ROOM TYPES INTO INDIVIDUAL ROOMS.
This tutorial example is the wrong way round.
Is it possible to create VIRTUAL INDIVIDUAL ROOMS from REAL ROOM TYPES ?
I repeat can I follow the instructions in the link below or not?
https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Chann ... ailability
annettemorgenroth

It does not matter which whether you consider the individual rooms "virtual" or "real". These are just words to tell them apart.

All that matters is that you set the dependencies between the room types and the individual rooms as described in the tutorial.