Google Hotel Ads

posadajavier

Thank you a lot for adding this channel
cmartinpage

I am trying to understand the deposit collection options for GHA.
We currently take a 20% deposit for bookings which is refundable given certain notice periods.
As Google charges a commission for any bookings even if they cancel or are a no-show, we need to set a separate non-refundable deposit policy for GHA.
looking at the options on the setup page, the options are:
Deposit Collection 1
Deposit Collection 2
Instant Deposit Collection 1
Instant Deposit Collection 2
The setup instructions do not really explain these options or how I can set a non-refundable collection policy and give the guest a suitable explanation of what our policy is.
annettemorgenroth

The solution is to use a different layout for Google which has a property module which explains the cancellation policy. You can set which layout is used in SETTINGS-CHANNEL MANAGER-GOOGLE HOTEL ADS.

Information on how to set up diffrent layouts is available here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Respo ... oking_Page
cmartinpage

I can see how to add the cancellation policy module to the layout, but I already have one cancellation policy and there is nowhere to add an alternative.
annettemorgenroth

cmartinpage wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 pm
I can see how to add the cancellation policy module to the layout, but I already have one cancellation policy and there is nowhere to add an alternative.
There are several property modules which can contain descriptive content. Use one of them to describe your special cancellation policy for your Google landing page.
zagrebpoint

Hi,
I see that you said:
"Google now also offers the option to pay commission only for completed bookings."

Can You explain how it should work. I do not get it from your help file.
If the guest pays a deposit and then do not show up or cancel the booking, will google still charge the commission?

How will Google know if the reservation is canceled or if the guest did not show up?

Or if we can not charge the guest's credit card can we mark the reservation as canceled, and no commission will be charged?
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,

If you have set "Commission Due" = "On Completed Stay" Google will refund commissions paid on cancelled bookings or no-shows.

Details of the cancellation should be in the booking, either cancelled/no show or if you can not collect the payment.

Contact us via a support ticket before check-out date and we will arrange the refund.
wvs_2003

With these recent updates, if the customer clicks on the link through Google Hotel Ad, and then successfully makes a reservation, we have to pay Google a certain percentage of commission (about 20%)? And is the commission costs automatically deducted from our beds24 account balance? We already store a certain amount on our beds24 account to help pay for monthly payments to beds24.

Or is commission free now through google hotel ads?

Thanks
lesleywoermeijer

If you have set the Commission value = 20% then you will be charged 20% commission for this booking and it will be deducted from your Beds24 account balance.

You can determine the timing of the charge by setting the value in 'Commission Due'.
annettemorgenroth

With these recent updates
Are you referring to Googles "Free Hotel Booking Links"?

If you set the the commission bid = None Google will not apply commission. In this case your direct booking link will show on the second page.

If you bid a commission Google will place your booking link on the first page if your bid is competitive.

Please see here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Google_Hotel_Ads for more information.