Unable to retrieve Guest Email Address from OTA Expedia

wvs_2003

Hi all,

Recently, our hotel has been unable to retrieve guest's emails from OTA Expedia. Have any of you been experiencing this issue?

I contacted our Expedia technician/market manager and they say they no longer provide guest's email address. Due to new compliance and privacy rules, OTA Expedia does not provide guest email addresses to the hotels. The only way for the hotel to message the guest is via Expedia's peripheral messaging system. This is quite unfortunate since we have setup an automated email messaging process with beds24.com. Now beds24 can not retrieve the guest's email address therefore our automated email messaging process is useless for OTA Expedia. This new update from OTA Expedia is quite inconvenient by not allowing us to proceed with our automated email.

I will continue contacting our Expedia technician/market manager to encourage them to allow us and other hotels to retrieve guest email addresses. As for beds24's staff, I hope your staff will contact OTA Expedia to find a better resolve to allow the hotels to retrieve guest's email addresses. To beds24 staff, please update us if you get any resolve with OTA Expedia.

Thank you
annettemorgenroth

We raised this issue with Exepdia and told them the problems this causes.
wvs_2003

Hi annette,

Thank you and team for notifying OTA Expedia. We've now been able to receive guest email addresses from OTA Expedia.
wvs_2003

Hi all,

Sorry to bring this up again, but OTA Expedia has once again repeated the same problem of not showing guest email addresses. This issued occurred last month but was resolved within a week. I have no idea why OTA Expedia has decided to do it for a consecutive month.

I will continue contacting the Expedia technicians/managers to request that guest emails be shown to hotels. And once again, I'm asking the beds24 staff to contact OTA Expedia to find a resolve to allow the hotels to retrieve guest's email addresses. To beds24 staff, please update us if you get any resolve with OTA Expedia. Any support is greatly appreciated because this is an inconvenience for our hotel staff.

Thank you