airbnb "Note: price less than room min price"

oreste.rivetti

When a new reservation comes in from airbnb from the CM the Notes field in the Summary tab says "Note: price less than room min price...". I guess that's because the XML that's imported from airbnb doesn't include a room price (I downloaded the actual XML and looked inside it). However, when I look at the Price field in the Payments and Charges tab I see that the correct total price has been calculated. My questions:
1) Why is the note showing up in the first place?
2) How does the CM calculate the Price field, since it isn't receiving price information from airbnb?
3) is there anything I can set - either at airbnb or in the CM configuration - to stop the note from showing up?

In my configuration all rooms are set up with a minimum price in Settings>Room Setup>Minimum Price, which coincides with the room price set at airbnb. All my rooms simply sell for a that fixed price.
annettemorgenroth

We can not import prices from Airbnb. If you have set up minimum prices in SETTINGS->PROPERTIES->ROOMS->SETUP the system will use the minimum prices. All you can do is not set a minimum price.
oreste.rivetti

3) is there anything I can set - either at airbnb or in the CM configuration - to stop the note from showing up?
markkinchin
Site Admin

oreste.rivetti wrote:3) is there anything I can set - either at airbnb or in the CM configuration - to stop the note from showing up?
The note is automatic whenever the imported price is less than the rooms minimum price setting.
Changing the rooms minimum price to zero should stop the note but the price in the booking from airbnb will also be zero until you manually update it.
oreste.rivetti

OK, I understand, thank you. I will leave it as is because setting the minimum price is the only way to get a calculated price in the Payments and Charges tab. That's important for reporting purposes.

You could consider a request for enhancement for a future release: a setting in the channel configuration to disable sending the note when the channel isn't sending price information. My point is that if the channel isn't sending a price value at all, the CM shouldn't assume anything to warn that the channel price is less than the minimum price because there is no channel price to compare with. I think sending a warning can confuse hotel bureau staff unnecessarily. Low priority request for enhancement for me anyway. Thanks.
markkinchin
Site Admin

oreste.rivetti wrote: You could consider a request for enhancement for a future release: a setting in the channel configuration to disable sending the note when the channel isn't sending price information. My point is that if the channel isn't sending a price value at all, the CM shouldn't assume anything to warn that the channel price is less than the minimum price because there is no channel price to compare with. I think sending a warning can confuse hotel bureau staff unnecessarily. Low priority request for enhancement for me anyway. Thanks.
This is a good idea we will look to incorporate into the next update.
oreste.rivetti

Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.