Auto payment after a booking.com booking

lherlaud

Hi,
I'm connected to booking.com with the xml channel manager and i would know if it is possible to auto process payment with stripe :

- a customer make a booking on booking.com
- the channel manager transmit the credit card detail to beds24
- beds24 transmit the credit card detail to stripe, wich automatically process the payment.

Thanks.
markkinchin
Site Admin

We are currently working on adding this functionality.
It should be ready in the near future.
Epicea_old

That would fantastic. Even if you could just perform your basic validation of the card details that would be great.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:That would fantastic. Even if you could just perform your basic validation of the card details that would be great.
The idea is to pass the card directly to stripe at the time of the booking (with or without charging it) if stripe do not accept it you will know straight away it might be invalid.

We have also added a button to report invalid cards and no shows direct to booking.com, you will find it on the booking details tab of booking.com bookings.
corppor

We are really waiting for this thing also!
Thank you!
Epicea_old

How will that work with the Chinese cards that require PIN numbers?
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:How will that work with the Chinese cards that require PIN numbers?
I am not sure, does Stripe accept them now?
unsejouranantes

Maybe Is it possible to do it manually actually ?

Exactly like it's explain there : https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php?title=Stripe

I don't have this button on the booking.com bookings.
Epicea_old

markkinchin wrote:
Epicea wrote:How will that work with the Chinese cards that require PIN numbers?
I am not sure, does Stripe accept them now?
I can't really tell, I don't have a Chinese credit card. I can't see how STRIPE can process them any better than our SIX terminal though.

I think pretty much every Chinese booking we have comes via booking.com and nearly all of them provide credit card details that are unusable. About 1 in 3 Chinese are fraudulent anyway in our experience, given the time it takes to manage them, it's not worth the trouble. Personally, I'd only sell to China if we had a minimum of 5 nights or so to make it worthwhile but booking.com don't support that kind of configuration.

And booking.com don't really care if false credit cards are given, it's not any kind of issue for them.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:And booking.com don't really care if false credit cards are given, it's not any kind of issue for them.
I am guessing that if Stripe accepts them, they are Valid. To be certain you could process a small charge and confirm it is not declined.

We have recently added a button to the booking DETAIL tab to report an invalid card back to booking.com.
If you click it, Booking.com contact the guest requesting them to add a new card to the booking and if there is no response from the guest within a specified time (normally 36 hours) you can cancel the booking.
If you do cancel the booking, you need to do it in the Booking.com extranet to also cancel the commission. This will then cancel it in Beds24.
Cancelling it only in Beds24 will not free you from the Booking.com commission.