Auto payment after a booking.com booking

annettemorgenroth

unsejouranantes wrote:Is it PCI compliant charging customer by this way ?
Yes. Stripe is fully PCI compliant.
Epicea_old

That's working pretty well with STRIPE. The only two things I noticed were that STRIPE doesn't auto-notify when it receives new details which I assume they left as a choice for API implementors. And that functionality seems to depend on API version, initially we didn't see customer email addresses until the API version for the account was updated. That being the case, BEDS24 need to specify which API versions it is tested againat.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:initially we didn't see customer email addresses until the API version for the account was updated.
The email addresses were added to the data sent to Stripe by us as an after thought, initially we were not sending them.
As far as I know, Stripe sends an email to the supplied email address advising them when their card has been charged.
I don't believe it has anything to do with API versions.
Epicea_old

OK, just a coincidence of timing.

It's working well, we just had our first "bad" booking from booking.com. It's worked correctly and the booking as a message (in beds24) "CARDFAILSTRIPE".

Which is fine, but can that trigger an email to us? instead of looking manually? it just marginally improves the work flow.
markkinchin
Site Admin

We don't have a way of triggering an email from it but you can make a custom report and set it to only show bookings containing the CARDFAILSTRIPE item.
Epicea_old

That's rather odd, is it not?

A booking arrives from booking.com, you clearly have to process it, put it in the database and so on, you then exercise the API to insert the details into STRIPE. That API returns an error, you do take an action because we see the failure message on the booking. I'm struggling to see why you can't send a mail, there's' an event so an action can be taken.

I don't really want to run a report, there's hardly going to enough to make it sensible. But, I would have liked to know instantly it's failed because there's a chance that the booker is still on their computer and that if we send a mail to them they might correct the details instead of messing us around for 48hrs. I also don't want to have to drop everything I'm doing to check manually if I don't have to. The entire point of us doing this (sending it to STRIPE) was to optimise the workflow for failed bookings.

I know none of this would happen if booking.com were to actually check the card details but it's not likely they'll ever really do that.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote:That's rather odd, is it not?
What I should have said is that we would have to add this to the system to make it happen, we don't currently trigger an email on the stripe result.

Rather than triggering another email, I think it best to include the Stripe result in the standard booking notification email, I will investigate if this is feasible.
markkinchin
Site Admin

Epicea wrote: Which is fine, but can that trigger an email to us? instead of looking manually? it just marginally improves the work flow.
We have added a note in the host booking notification email about the status of the card as reported by Stripe.
superhote

Hello
Last edited by superhote on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markkinchin
Site Admin

A notification is included in the email to host and with the booking about whether the card was accepted by stripe or not.

Currently the card can be charged manually from the booking menu or in stripe.
An auto charging function is in development and should be available later this year.