Airbnb room setup that works w/ roomtypes from other OTA’s

cosmic

This is how I setup Airbnb rooms to work with roomtypes from other OTA’s which seems to work. Please enlighten me if I should be caution of anything. Or if there's any other ways to set things up.

Let say we have 3 rooms which all fall into the same room type:

RoomTypeA
Room Setup:
Quantity of This Type: 3
Sell Priority: Default

Dependencies Setup:
Requires Availability in: Room1 and Room2 and Room3
Combination Logic: Sum of all bookings
Dependency Level: Ignore Sub Dependencies
Assign Bookings to: First Available Dependency Room
Use Prices From: This Room

Room1, Room2, Room3
Room Setup:
Quantity of This Type: 1
Sell Priority: Hide Room

Dependencies Setup:
Requires Availability in: None
Combination Logic: Sum of all bookings
Dependency Level: Ignore Sub Dependencies
Assign Bookings to: This Room
Use Prices From: RoomTypeA
markkinchin
Site Admin

That looks like the best way to do it to me, this is quite a common setup when connecting to airbnb and other OTA's.

RoomTypeA will be used for your booking page or channels like booking.com which require grouped room types. The bookings will assign to whichever is available of Room1, Room2, Room3 and RoomTypeA will close on dates which have 3 bookings. (room availability on any date = 3 minus number of bookings)

Room1, Room2 and Room3 connect to airbnb and any other channel which requires individual room calendars and are not shown on your booking page.

Naturally you have the option to show Rooms 1, 2 and 3 on your booking page and hide RoomTypeA if you prefer.
cosmic

Hi,

Got two questions:

1.) using https://www.beds24.com/api/ specifically the CSV method, how can I import bookings that references RoomTypeA and have it Assign Bookings to: First Available Dependency Room?

2.) I'm using Jomres on joomla as my website's booking engine. I'm going to setup up the plug-in that associate my beds24 property with Jomres. I know that Jomres talks to beds24 using room types like many other OTAs. Will booking made on Jomres be "Assigned Bookings to First Available Dependency Room" on beds24? Jomres currently has a huge bug that the author is ignoring so I am unable to test it myself.

Thanks!
markkinchin
Site Admin

cosmic wrote: 1.) using https://www.beds24.com/api/ specifically the CSV method, how can I import bookings that references RoomTypeA and have it Assign Bookings to: First Available Dependency Room?
The API does not support the "Assign Bookings to: First Available Dependency Room" function.
It uses the roomId to assign the booking so you will need to assign them in the CSV data.
cosmic wrote: 2.) I'm using Jomres on joomla as my website's booking engine. I'm going to setup up the plug-in that associate my beds24 property with Jomres. I know that Jomres talks to beds24 using room types like many other OTAs. Will booking made on Jomres be "Assigned Bookings to First Available Dependency Room" on beds24? Jomres currently has a huge bug that the author is ignoring so I am unable to test it myself.
Jomres also connects via the API so any bookings coming from Jomres will be put in the roomId specified by Jomres.
But the principle of the Jomres connection is that Jomres sends the room availability to Beds24 to be forwarded to the OTA's and Beds24 sends bookings from the OTA's back to Jomres (assigned to the correct room) Bookings coming from Jomres should not be relevant to channel management as long as they are reflected in the availability data.
cosmic

Thanks for the reply.

Say for the example setup above. Jomres receive a book and update the availability of RoomTypeA on beds24, other OTAs will receive the update just fine. But since Room1, Room2 and Room3's availability does not get updated, therefore airbnb rooms will not get updated either. correct? At the end, Jomres still cannot update airbnb rooms?
markkinchin
Site Admin

cosmic wrote:Say for the example setup above. Jomres receive a book and update the availability of RoomTypeA on beds24, other OTAs will receive the update just fine. But since Room1, Room2 and Room3's availability does not get updated, therefore airbnb rooms will not get updated either. correct? At the end, Jomres still cannot update airbnb rooms?
For the setup described in this thread to work, Jomres would need to be updating the three individual rooms, not RoomTypeA.
cosmic

Hi,

Now that I have Room1, Room2 and Room3 setup for Airbnb and RoomTypeA for other OTAs and have RoomTypeA assign bookings to First Available Dependency Room, how do I setup Tripadvisor Connect and Review Express? Do I setup it up for Room1, Room2 and Room3 or just for RoomTypeA?

Thanks!
annettemorgenroth

Connect the room you are displaying on your booking page to Tripadvisor.
cosmic

Hi, Thanks for the quick answer.

I'm not using the beds24 booking page. I am using Jomres as the booking engine on my hotel's website. I'm using beds24 only as channel manager for OTAs and Jomres.

Do you mean beds24's tripadvisor Connect and Review express only works for rooms displayed on the booking page and only for bookings made through beds24? That means beds24 does not send tripadvisor review request to customers who booked through Jomres, Agoda, Airbnb and other OTAs?

Thanks,

Kelvin
markkinchin
Site Admin

Trip connect sends the guest directly to your booking site.

Normally that would be Beds24 but it is possible to immediately redirect them to your Jomres site using the Settings > Properties > Link > "Booking Redirect" setting.