VRBO API terms and conditions

newtimber

I was trying to find the terms and conditions for VRBO API integration and the only ones I could find on Google has terms like this:-

10 b) Unless PM has sufficient evidence to the contrary, the Company is entitled to conclude that a commissionable stay or booking, as described in (a) above, has been made and to charge a commission on such a stay or booking, if the Company has reasonably sufficient evidence of a commissionable booking or stay. Reasonable evidence may include, but is not limited to, evidence of an enquiry made through the Vrbo Network, combined with other related evidence of booking activity (such as booking activity indicated or reports reviewed by the Company).

It is clearly possible for another guest to book the same dates as a VRBO enquiry so the only way VRBO could possibly know this is if the API provides guest details to VRBO of all bookings regardless of whether they came from. This has GDPR implications as other guests have not agreed for any of their personal details to be shared with VRBO - but if details aren't shared and VRBO is going to assume that any subsequent booking for the same dates is their guest, how can we provide sufficient evidence to the contrary without breaking GDPR?

If we opt in for the API with VRBO, are any guest details sent by Beds24 to VRBO?
lesleywoermeijer

VRBO requires you mark bookings which originated from a VRBO/Homeaway enquiry by setting the Referer value on the "Details" tab of the booking to VRBO. VRBO/Homeaway requires you to enter the guests Email address in the booking.

VRBO/Homeaway will have access to these bookings for reporting purposes.

Make sure you comply with your local data protection laws.
annettemorgenroth

Also Vrbo calculate the the commission from the booking value.

To allow accurate commission calculation we have to provide Vrbo with a feed which contains all Vrbo bookings with guest name and Email, dates and amount.

For more information about Vrbos terms and conditions please contact Vrbo directly.
newtimber

Obviously VRBO already has details of guest who enquired by VRBO so there are no GDPR implications with regard to this. My question was the bookings who were not referred by VRBO.

It appears from their terms and conditions that they have means of determining whether guests who enquire by VRBO subsequently book the same or a different property for similar dates. The only way I can see that they could achieve this is if the API actually gives them access to ALL the guest details including those who booked direct and not via VRBO at all.

I do get people who send enquiries from more than 1 channel not realising they are enquiring about the same property - even had someone who enquired direct and then decided to pay extra to book via Airbnb!
lesleywoermeijer

VRBO only have access to the bookings/enquiries that have originated from VRBO, they do not have access to bookings from other sources.