Individual room addresses to Airbnb, HomeAway and Tripadvisor Rentals

tarkan

Hello,

I'm in the trial of Beds24 and it's really impressive to see this is such a configurable system! So many options, however, there is a very simple looking thing which is missing.

We've 12 apartments in Istanbul, Turkey (in the same area but in separate buildings) and 1 apartment in Broadway, UK. So, I created two properties and 12 rooms in one of them and 1 room in the other one. Then I hit the wall, ıt seems like there is no way of entering individual addresses for rooms, even not at the channel configuration level.

This is really important: if I can't pass individual room addresses to Airbnb, HomeAway and Tripadvisor Rentals, there would be problems.

it's hard to believe there is no solution to address problem other than creating multiple properties (13 for 13 individual apartments) which would make the admin and management much more complicated and difficult than acceptable I believe? What do you think?

There must be some other customers who suffered from this, so can we learn something from their solutions?

Kind regards,
Tarkan
pierrebecher

Hello Tarkan,

The address is controlled on the property level, not on the room level.

This is also logical in my opinion since a room cannot have its own address. The room always belongs to a property being a physical building, which has an address.

In your case, you need to create your apartments as seperate properties if they are located at different addresses.

Best
Pierre
tarkan

Hello Pierre,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As you say, it sounds logical how it is at the moment if you think rooms as rooms but rooms are entire apartments for us.

If you're a typical apartment short let company as we are, then you'd have several apartments in the nearby (sometimes far away as well) separate buildings with different addresses.

We could also have 40-50 apartments in this way. So I can't really comprehend the suggestion to create a property for each address, especially for such an extremely configurable system like this!

I'm not familiar with the system enough to know how much difficulty I'd have if I had 13 properties for 13 apartments but this doesn't sound logical to me just for the sake of creating separate addresses.

Adding this functionality (adding addresses for rooms) at main settings or at channel integration settings must be something quite easy I'd imagine.

Otherwise, I think I'll not be able to use this system since I worry that dealing with 13 properties for managing 13 apartments would be an overkill.

Kind regards,
Tarkan
lesleywoermeijer

Hello,

Beds24 is setup with property level and then you can have multiple rooms/units within the Property. As mentioned the address is registered at the property level not room/unit level.

If you need to group multiple properties as in your case by location, then you can use the Group Keyword in Settings > Booking Engine > Multiple Properties > Property Settings > Group Keywords. They can be used in the Multiple property booking page, calendar and reporting.