Starting with Booking.com

realdju

Namaskaram everyone,

I am really new with Beds24 and I may need your help.

After defining properly my property that is one flat with one room, I am trying to begin to establish rates and link with Booking, I read the booking wiki and saw the video about rates and prices but I prefer to be sure and ask experts :D Last day, I took time to establish my net prices, I mean prices without commissions I would ask to direct clients.

So, here are my questions (for Booking linking) :

1) at start, I though it was possible to elaborate different rates and THEN to export them to my booking account. But reading the wiki, it looks like we have to retrieve first the rates ID from Booking, arrange them in Beds24, and THEN only reinject them into booking. Is it right ? Or is there a way to do his own rates and inject directely to Booking ?

2) Roughly, I have 3 rates : one that would apply for high season (> 7 days, from sat-sat) and then 2 that would apply for a minimum stay (>2 and >4). So according to what I read, it looks like I have 3 rates to establish with minimum stay parameter is that correct ? (In Booking I already have these 3 different rates)

3) Ok, let"s say now I am specifying each rate, is there any mean to name each "slice by date" with a name that would correspond to "Winter Holidays" for instance to have the calendar speaking or no, I suppose I only can have something like "week rate", "2 nights rates" and "4 nights rate" ?

4) At last, with Airbnb and other plateforms, will I have to establish each time different rates for each OTA or I can link them with just a multiple factor from my 3 basic rates ? (I will read the Wiki Airbnb to have a clue :P ).

Thank you so much for helping, don't hesitate to give me the main tips I need to start in the good direction :P
annettemorgenroth

1, 2) Sending prices ofr different minimum stays to Booking.com.
If you have diffrent prices for three different minimum stays on the same day you need to set up a rate plan for each minimum stay in Booking.com. Once you have these you can map each to a daily price or rate in Beds24 with the coresponding minimum stay. Have a look here: https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Setti ... s_per_room
how to do this.

3) Slicing rates
When you click on "Slice" in a rate the rate will be split on the chosen day and you will then have two rates which you can then cusomise and change the name. We recommend to use speaking names because this will make it easier for you to manage multiple rates.

4)Diifferent prices for different OTSs
You can add a "Multipler" in the channel settings. The help page for each channels will explain how to do this.
realdju

Dear Annette,

Thank you for helping :P

I began to work on my prices as you can see there and link them to Booking. My prices vary a lot throughout the year so I adopted a rate for each different period with a fixed price :

In the channel tab, we can see the same rate ID that is the "standard" booking price :

Is that correct to you ? I finally choose the "discounts" tab in each rate to allow lower prices if the person stay longer :

At last, I used the multiplator in the Hotel ID as shown on demo (24% is the commission rate of Booking => 1.24) :

Is it all wrong or was I Lucky :lol:

Thank you very much, I will wait your answer before going further ;)
annettemorgenroth

Discounts set in the "Discounts" tab will not send to Booking.com or any other channel.

Please see the information about "Prices" on the Booking.com help page:
https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Booki ... ou_connect

You have only mapped one Booking.com rate plan. Did you set up additional rate plans in Booking.com? If so please have another look here for how to map them:

https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Setti ... sing_rates

This is how you can check everything is working:
Go to SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER->BOOKING.COM and click on 'View Actual Data' to check what we are sending. If you are not seeing problems and are not receiving error messages and the display on channels page is correct the connection is working.
realdju

Dear Annette,

I remember by now that the discount tab was not exportable as you say :oops:

:idea: So before going further, I imagine I have to set up 2 other rates with "+2 nights stand" and "+4 nights stand" with the "minimum stay" parameter and then, as demonstrated from the demo video, to link these 2 rates with a simple multiplicator from my standard rate.

Of course, before that, I will have to link these rates with my 2 other rates ID from Booking.

Is that correct ?

Thank you for helping :)
annettemorgenroth

You will need two additional rates in Beds24 (one with a minimum stay of 2 and one with a minimum stay of 4) and map these to your 2 night Booking.com rate code and 4 night Booking.com rate code.
realdju

Dear Annette,

I saw again your webinar about prices last night and I have to conceed there was so many informations at first that I did not have a global view to well establish my prices politic, but it seems clearer to me now :idea:

For I have only 2 periods through the year (with 1 flat and 1 room), first one that is settled from saturday to saturday from June to October included, it came easily to me that i need a rate price for this first part.

And for the rest of the year - the off-peak season that has no particular check-in or check-out day -, I could simply use a daily prices 1 with a minimum stay (7 as a reference for instance), and have for instance 2 other daily prices (let's say >2 days and >4days) linked to this basic daily prices 1 with a "multiplicator discount" as shown on video.

To put it in a nutshell, it would be :

- May > October :

>> rate 1 from saturday to saturday as already set up (see screenshot)

- November > April :

>> Daily Price 1 (> 7 night stand)
>> + Daily price 2 (= 4 night stand = 1,2 x Daily Price 1)
>> + Daily price 3 (= 2 night stand = 1,4 x Daily Price 1)

Of course I would have to create 4 rates ID from Booking and link each one (1 rate + 3 daily prices).

Can tell me if this way to proceed is optimal to you ?

Thank you so much :P
annettemorgenroth

If you prefer you can use daily prices. It might be easier to use daily prices in all seasons. You can limit check-in and check-out via the "Override" function in the CALENDAR in the season you have limitation.

Just note that you can not link daily prices if you need to map different Booking.com rate codes.
realdju

Hi Annette :)

Following your last post, I saw one more time your webinar about "daily prices" and I can see it is almost very similar to a rate but with less options :idea:

And as you recommended me, I now understand it would be the easiest way to fill my daily prices for the year to come (standard week price /7 for the "Daily price 1" let's say), and then affine the other daily prices with the "offset parameter" in my case.

Whereas on your video you used 3 daily prices for 1, 2 and 3 guests, I could do the same with a 2, 4, 14 and 28 minimum stay parameter instead, is that correct ?

I started to set up the 2nd daily price as following :

Nethertheless, in your last post you said : "
Just note that you can not link daily prices if you need to map different Booking.com rate codes.
I don't really understand, is it the good direction to proceed or not ?

Thank you for helping 8-)

ps : I understood that the "override" parameter is perfect to allow only saturday check-on and out during high season :D
annettemorgenroth

Whereas on your video you used 3 daily prices for 1, 2 and 3 guests, I could do the same with a 2, 4, 14 and 28 minimum stay parameter instead, is that correct ?
Yes.

You can NOT use price linking though because you need to map a different Booking.com rate code to each daily price and this is not possible with linked daily prices.