Starting with Booking.com

realdju

Hi Annette,

I don't understand why it is not possible although in the control panel (see previous screenshot) it looks like just possible to link any daily price to any booking.com rate ID (so it would be a bug from beds24 to allow it without a warning message ?).

In the Wiki Booking.com, I although can see that there are 2 ways to give multiple rates for a same room with Booking.com :

It does NOT seem possible to use the 1st one because it is related to the occupancy. The 2nd choice only talks about rates and not daily prices, so I don't understand why you recommended me to go through the "daily price" method ;)

To put it in a nutshell, it looks like one can send only one daily price for one room or use multiple rates for the same room as written on the Wiki ? Is that correct ?

So, with Booking.com, what would be the easiest way to do set my prices with a discount according to a minimum stay parameter ? And first, is it obligatory to go through the rate method ?

Thank you for helping, I really get stuck :D
realdju

Or maybe if possible Annette, I had a clue : if one can only have a mix of multiple rates and one daily price per room with Booking.com, would it be possible to mix as following :

1) High season : only a weekly rate (in the rate tab the dispatching colors make the view really nice)

2) Off-peak season : same rate with 4 nights at a minimum stay + 1 daily price for a 2 nights minimum stay :idea: (+ allow lower price policy).

The idea is I don't want to have too many rates (it would complicate too much) and tough have a minimum adaptability in final prices.

Would it be fine to you ? :)
annettemorgenroth

Sure.

This is how you can check everything is working:
Go to SETTINGS->CHANNEL MANAGER->BOOKING.COM and click on 'View Actual Data' to check what we are sending. If you are not seeing problems and are not receiving error messages and the display on channels page is correct the connection is working.
realdju

Thank you Annette,

I now will begin to fill my rates.

Please I want to well understand your tool, so I have 2 questions :

1) provided the 1 rate (Week + 4 days) + 1 daily price strategy (2 nights off-peak season) we decided, what would be the easiest way to set up an additionnal discount price for a longer stay with Booking.com ? (retired people sometimes book a full month off-peak !) Would it be possible for instance to ad a monthly rate for the off-peak season ?

2) you previously told me it was impossible to use linked prices with booking rates ID, so I wonder if it was possible to set up several daily prices separately and link them ?

Thank you, have a nice we :)