Using HBook Wordpress plugin with Beds24

randallhardy

Hello,

I have set up HBook on my website with rates, future bookings, pictures etc. This plugin accepts only iCal not xml. It allows people to book directly from my website.

Do I set up Beds24 with the xml connection for AirnB, Booking.com and Expedia and then export the iCal url from Beds24 to my Hbook plugin?

I had earlier set the rates, pictures and other information into Beds24, but should I remove this information and let the HBook plugin handle everything between all channels passing though Beds24?

I understand that iCal really only passes limited information but this may be the way to prevent over-bookings? So, for example if someone books a reservation on Expedia, the reservation calendar on my website through HBook would block the room and the date(s) and I would then go to Expedia and gather all information such as address and credit card details?

Just need some direction in the complicated world of channel managers :)

Thank you.
lesleywoermeijer

You can use the XML connections to the Channels for immediate updates.

Have you had a look at the Beds24 widgets and/or wordpress plugin, you can place a link to your beds24 booking page so your guests can book directly with you.

Have a look at this wiki page for details :- https://wiki.beds24.com/index.php/Category:Widgets
randallhardy

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I knew about the Beds24 WordPress plugin, but I want to use HBook WordPress plugin.

Can you please answer the questions I posted please especially these 2:

Do I set up Beds24 with the xml connection for AirnB, Booking.com and Expedia and then export the iCal url from Beds24 to my Hbook plugin?

I had earlier set the rates, pictures and other information into Beds24, but should I remove this information and let the HBook plugin handle everything between all channels passing though Beds24?

Thanks for your time,

Randall
annettemorgenroth

randallhardy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 pm
Do I set up Beds24 with the xml connection for AirnB, Booking.com and Expedia and then export the iCal url from Beds24 to my Hbook plugin
Yes.
randallhardy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 pm
I had earlier set the rates, pictures and other information into Beds24, but should I remove this information and let the HBook plugin handle everything between all channels passing though Beds24
Only Beds24 can send data to the channels. Therefore you need prices in Beds24 because you need them to send to the channels.

If you use a limited sync with Airbnb you can remove all data from Beds24 which is not required for the connection.